on 15 May 2011
I bought this rather than buying a full wine fridge for red wine and was thoughly impressed. The menus are easy to use and have preset temperatures for most grape varieties. Just to test my new toy I thought I would try it on the white wine and was blown away. I always thought (to my embarrassment) that as long as white was cold that was all that was needed, how wrong was I. I now keep a red on one side and a White on the other and the flavours are amazing. I only drink at weekends so switch it on on a friday morning and both are to the right temperature by 6pm (actually takes about 4 hrs for one of each, faster if both red/white). The display showing how close it is to correct temperature and the cut out/on rather than being on all the time is good for the energy concious too. A Definate good buy and one I am recommending to my friends.
on 4 October 2012
If you come home from work desperate for a glass of wine, this isn't for you - it can take an hour or two to get the wine to the right temperature. And if all you want is a quick quaff, you're not likely to be worrying about getting the best nose and palate experience - a white straight out of the fridge or a red straight off the rack will do just fine.
But with a bit of forethought, you can use this product to tweak the temperature of your wine so that it's ready to demonstrate its best qualities by the time you've got your food ready.

The nice thing about this product, which is thoroughly obscured by the name "Wine Cooler", is that it also WARMS wine. That's the main use it's put to in our house - our reds live in a room that sits around 15ºC, and many profit quite remarkably from being warmed through three or four degrees before drinking, a process that takes not much more than half an hour. A quality white taken out of the fridge also benefits from being warmed to a decent drinking temperature over a similar period. (Though of course a rubbish white, like American beer, is best drunk as near freezing as possible, in order to suppress the taste!)

The interface is inuitive to use, though the menu of varietals is limited and a little eccentric - it stipulates a one-degree difference between "Cabernet" and Cabernet Sauvignon, and omits common names to be found on the shelves of wine dealers and supermarkets everywhere, like Carmenere, Malbec and Viogner. In essence it's just a list of names tied to a list of temperatures, by which (after a bit of rummaging) you can set any temperature you fancy between 5ºC and 19ºC, except for unlucky 13ºC. There's space on the instruction leaflet to jot down a few more temperatures for a few favourite wines, and a little experimentation to find your own preferences is probably better than slavishly following the menu options.
on 12 May 2014
I bought this primarily to warm up red wine to the correct serving temperature. The display fairly quickly says a cool bottle is ready but when the wine is decanted and the temperature checked it is a few degrees below the display at that stage. Leaving it for a few more hours seems to solve the problem.
I contacted the seller re. This and found them to be awkward and obstructive. They have a 7 day returns policy (note not the usual amazon 30 day) and they tried and tried to fob me off and get me to contact the manufacture direct. ("You have used it so it is no longer new" - how do I I know if it working as described without using it?) In English law the contract is between them and me so the product supplied is their responsibility. A customer service rep. from the "manufacturer" (they admitted to me they buy them in from abroad) contacted me but he knew very little about the product. In the end I decided to keep it and wait several mote hours for it to be up to temperature.
I will never buy anything from this supplier again and would not recommend this product for red wine. Shame I can't return it.
on 21 August 2012
This wine cooler is great. It DOES take 2 hours to achieve the correct temperature but well worth the wait. Each side has individual temperature settings so that white and/or red wine can be 'chilled' at the same time. Thankfully it also has simple directions for settings!
on 31 October 2013
Bought this for my sister & her husband for Xmas, we have a single hostess wine cooler & is used quite often, it's great, cools wine and warms red wine. Standard wine coolers are ok but this is a must when entertaining, I know my sister will be over the moon with her new cooler, arrived quick & well packed what more can I ask for.
on 11 July 2012
had wine coolers in past but was disappointed with the results. to much hard work using ice cubes.NOW this unit looks good and works great, only minor problem takes awhile to do job on its own but chill in fridge for a short while to speed up bottle and hostess works just great. Well worth investing in.
on 22 September 2015
Do not buy this product unless you wish to chill white wine only. The discription for selling this wine chiller is that it simultaneously heats red and chills white but it is not the case, this does not heat up
on 18 December 2013
We chose this product as we run a B&B in France and offer clients a free bottle of wine and water on arrival. It also provides them with the means to cool down any other drinks they may purchase after they have consumed the freebies. A real hit with the clients, just a bit of a nuisance that I cannot source this in Europe and so always have to change over plugs. And, if it goes wrong, forget about warranty because (i) it's a long way to send it back and (ii) once i change plugs that seems to be voided........... but that's my risk of living in France.
on 11 December 2014
Was a little concerned with some of the existing comments on here but so glad I ordered it. Cooling temperature is absolutely fine and I cannot understand how anyone can say their wine did not cool sufficiently, our does. You do need to get it on the go an hour or so before you want to partake in a glass but as Im not in the habit of rushing home on a Friday and guzzling a bottle as soon as Im through the door, then this is absolutely perfect!!
on 23 September 2014
I bought this as a gift for a family member after seeing it (and using it) at a friend's house. A useful item to have when you need to chill wines in a hurry, and much better than slinging a bottle into the freezer and then forgetting about it (as I have done).