on 8 October 2012
What an amazing book!

This, as you may already be aware, is a collection of different people's thoughts, meditations, dreams and meetings with the Horned God. As you read through each story you will travel the world, from Crete to Egypt to the wilds of Wales to London. Each story is as individual as the author and I loved every one of them, although I admit that I read the ones about Egypt and Crete with a mostly detached but isn't this informative kind of air.

The Horned God that I love, the one that has fascinated me all of my life is Cernunnos, the Lord of the Forest and the Wild Animals. For me, one of the best stories in the book was A Quest For Horns by Stephen Blake, and not only because he mentions Robin of Sherwood which still remains a favourite of mine!

Unfortunately, as people begin looking at Paganism to see if it is right for them, they usually tend to favour the Goddess only as they are usually changing from a patriarchal religion. This may work for a while but you need balance, and the Horned God is part of the equation!

If you have any interest in Herne the Hunter, Cernunnos, Pan or Puck then this is the book for you.

"Above me and around me he roared and I, like the mouse, curled up, safe, secure and loved by this storm of rage; the emotional and physical pain that had engulfed me fled before his terrible gaze and I fell asleep. The rage of the Horned God is mighty indeed, but the love and blessings he bestows are greater still."
on 30 April 2012
I purchased this book on a whim as it looked like a good read. It was one of the best things I've done. It contains a veritable trove of information about the Horned God in all his guises and oozes knowledge. I found it very informative and learned much about the mythology surrounding the various faces of the Horned One.

I would recomend it for anyone interested in learning more about the masculine aspect to Paganism and the Horned God.
on 11 October 2014
A real treat, a deeply personal collection of essays covering a multitude of Horned Gods and Goddesses.
on 27 January 2015
Interesting read, nice style of writing.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 May 2015
Very good book .
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 January 2013
This book is an excellent description of what people are doing and their personal beliefs, but there is no psychological analysis.