Questions & Answers
4.0 out of 5 stars (125)
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest First
Showing 1-10 of 12 questions
votes
Yes it does vent hot air from the top, however, I suggest you buy an alternative. Unless you are happy to turn it off at the plug when you want it to spin down, otherwise it is 'always on' despite what the seller claims.
15 Sep 2014 by David F
votes
I'm not totally sure of the question, but the discs obviously need to be in an un-housed state to fit the Hornettek. They will appear as 4 separate drives. The total capacity is 12 tbytes but you have to be careful how you format such discs to maintain compatibility when connected to a non computer media device such as a hi-end Smart TV. This is definitely the choice if it is going to be in full sight, and one of the cheapest options as well.
25 Aug 2014 by Bargain Hunter
votes
can i use with Mac 12 Aug 2014
I am. It's fine.
12 Aug 2014 by Bernardus
votes
It will appear as 4 separate drives in windows, e.g. D:, E:, F:, G: (depending on your current setup)
10 Aug 2014 by A. Callaway
votes
It has a small bracket at the back that screws onto a 3.5 HDD - this the only thing that holds the drive in place apart from the SATA connector itself I don't know if you could put an adapter in there to get a 2.5 drive in that would make a good connection the SATA connection I am using this with 4TB WD GREEN drives even though it only apparently supports up to 3TB drives
10 Jul 2014 by Keith Roberts
votes
NO...What it will take is upto12TB..That means 4x3TB hdd. For 3TB drives they must be GPTmode under Win7/Vista/Linux/Mac. If xp they must be 2TB or less. So choose GTP then NTFS to format. It is Plug n Play & Hot Swappable. I am Very Happy with mine.
29 May 2014 by Dennis Russ
votes
JnDee™ 12V 6A 6 amp 72W DC POWER Supply ADAPTER Transformer ## Great For Powering LED Strip LED TAPE Lights ##. This link should lead u to a power supply on amazon that is suitable to use with the hornettek hub.The original power supply is only 5.4 amps so the 6 amps should be ample to power the hub properly. A 10 amp is not necessary
8 May 2014 by Leslie
votes
No.... the unit is a "dumb" drive container.... no software is activated on drive insertion to format the drives automatically without outside intervention. The user would have to use Disk Management, in Windows, to select and format the drive. Yesterday I moved drives, formatted in NTFS, that had data on them from my computer(s) to this unit and connected via eSATA and the drives showed up with data readable and intact.
23 Mar 2014 by A Stephens
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Search Questions and Answers