Format: Hardcover|Change

on 21 July 2014
Homeroom Diaries by James Patterson with Lisa Papademetriou, and illustrated by Keino, is another book that has added to the growing list of books either written or co-authored by the redoubtable bestselling author. Designed for young adult readers but not limited to, Homeroom Diaries is about a teen who goes by the nickname `Cuckoo' living in the suburbs of Seattle with her foster mother. Written in the same style as A Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, Homeroom Diaries didn't work for me for several reasons.

First and foremost, I'm a huge, huge fan of James Patterson. I have received several advanced reading copies of his books. I've enjoyed almost every book that has his name on it. More than a decade ago, a James Patterson novel was like a Christmas affair. Oh, the longing for the next JP thriller was almost painful. But in recent years, a JP book seems to be coming out of the press quicker than it leaves the book shelves. Imagine the number of books that we have seen in 2014 that bears his name: Middle School: How I Got Lost in London (Middle School #6), NYPD Red 2, Unlucky 13 (Women's Murder Club #13), Private LA (Private #7) and First Love. Did I miss any book?

Second and last, there's still a lot of JP books to plow through before the year ends. Next in line is Private India: (Private 8) scheduled for Jul 21, 2014 release. And then we have Invisible on Jul 31, 2014, Treasure Hunters: Danger Down the Nile: (Treasure Hunters 2) on Sep 11, 2014, Burn: (Michael Bennett 7) on Sep 25, 2014, Middle School: Save Rafe! (Middle School 6) on Oct 9, 2014, Confessions: The Paris Mysteries: (Confessions 3) on Oct 23, 2014 and Hope to Die: (Alex Cross 22) on Nov 6, 2014. It's possible that another release may still be scheduled for December before 2014 closes out.

I'm still a huge fan of James Patterson. I just wish there were fewer books. And not to be inundated by books that bear his name, but the credit of which is shared with others. It has become almost impossible for a fan like me to keep up with all of his books, but then missing out even on a single one is not an easy option either.
on 1 September 2015
When i read the start of the book i found it boring but when i got into it i found jt was a super good book i would say it was for 11-15 year old i loved this book and i hope there is a next one soon :P
on 12 August 2015
Birthday present received well.
on 18 March 2015
Daughter loves the book
on 23 July 2014
I'm so excited about this book. I think Cuckoo Clarke is so easy to love. She's SO cool and funny and NICE (without being lame or boring). Cuckoo and her loyal 'freak-show' friends go through some tough stuff but I loved their strength, determination and their ability to have a good laugh, even when things were bad. It's a great easy with a fast paced plot and lot's humour and drama.
AND it's illustrated! I thought the art (by Keino) throughout Homeroom Diaries was outstanding. It's different and it's edgy and cool - just like Cuckoo.
Thanks James and Lisa and Keino :) More please!