Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 August 2013
But this book is well written and an easy and enjoyable read
I was a little irritated by its predictability e.g. the old girlfriend hanging around the hero who causes problems because the heroine doesn't just ask outright if our hero still loves his ex but otherwise it's an easy read and I will probably read the sequel.
on 1 October 2013
This is the first Julia London book I have read. I thought the story line was very good as was the descriptions of the characters and setting. What I found incredibly annoying where the proof reading errors, words omitted, the same word written twice or parts of a sentence that just didn't make sense. Leo was my favourite what a guy. I hope the errors are a one off because I would like to read more of the series, they where very off putting. I guess I'll have to wait and see!
I’ve read a few of Julia London’s historicals in the past, so I was curious to see how she tackles the contemporary genre. After reading this I’d say pretty well. This is a cute story with plenty of interesting characters and a fun story. True, the unlikely inheritance followed up by surprise family isn’t exactly new (why is it always three sisters?), but that doesn’t mean there’s not plenty to enjoy here.

Madeline is a real fish out of water, struggling to cope with being in the country as well as get to know her new family and work out just what’s going on between her and Luke. Yes, she’s a control freak and she has real anxiety issues when it comes to planning everything out to the last detail, but I liked her, and I felt a bit sorry for her regarding her sisters.

Not that we see much of Emma. That woman has plenty of attitude and hasn’t got time to deal with anyone. I’m sure she’s had a tough life or has stuff to deal with, but she won no sympathy for me in this one. As for Libby, I struggled to like her. She starts off firing questions at Madeline, then seems hurt when Madeline doesn’t ask anything back – when did she have time? Also as a local she must have known plenty about what the Kendrick family had been through, so I thought her eagerness to move in and seize control of the ranch was just a little unseemly. I’m sure she has her reasons too, and while I did feel for her when Madeline just organises her into all the rubbish jobs, I didn’t much like her either.

Then there was Luke. Handsome, caring, a real knight in tarnished armour. I really loved his relationship with Madeline, how he helps her out and takes her quirks in his stride without judging her. He’s actually a real sweetheart, especially when it comes to his family. Speaking of that family, my favourite character had to be Leo, Luke’s little brother. He narrates a few chapters here and there, adding a fresh perspective to Luke’s relationships. I love his humour, his quips and the way he deals not just with his own Motor Neuron Disease but the changes going through his life, especially when he uses constant sporting references to make his points.

An enjoyable read without any real surprises, but with some good characters and a nice small town setting. The romance is sweet, melding attraction and friendship with a small amount of heat. I’m certainly curious enough to want to read more.
on 24 September 2014
The cover of this book looked romantic and inviting so I bought it. But found it BORING, TEDIOUS difficult to read and follow. Did not like the style of writing and decided after the first few chapters to delete it.

I felt that it woul have been more enjoyable to have wached paint dry. This is the first book that I have ever removed from my account because of BOREDOM.
on 2 September 2014
I bought this novel as it was a daily special. It has to be one of the most boring books. The story is quite good but
there is too much uninteresting padding.
on 22 January 2014
Just finished this book and at the beginning I thought I wouldn't like it but it was fabulous! I will definitely be getting more books by this author :)
on 5 January 2014
To be honest it took me a while to get into, but then I could not put it down. Great story with lots of twists.
Enjoyable read
on 18 December 2013
This book a good easy read not too many characters to remember and a different story than I used yo reading.
This is my first Julia London book but won't be my last I already looking at her others.
on 29 March 2014
I really enjoyed this book once I got into it. Really good read love story with so many ups and downs of emotions. Family ties and relationships. The characters were great and really started to hope the Madeline character would sort herself out. Well worth reading to get lost in a really sweet love story. Descriptions of the ranch were great.
on 18 June 2015
I don't know how people feel this book should get such a high valuation.
The story the only thing which is a good one (hence the star) but the execution is extremely poor.
The characters are airy-fairy, no character formation in the book at all, no improvement or even decline. Often feels like the writer did not have a clue how to proceed with them. No way that people even in a dream would act and react as these characters were, confusing and totally unbelievable.
I don't know nothing about living in America but I doubt they are using cute remarks for different famous places and I also doubt that everyone's weekend holiday is "Disney".
The description of the place and the area is vague, hardly any details given but always some extra bits thrown into the conversation which doesn't fit the set-up scene.
I'm a bit disappointed as calling to the great reviews I paid money for it (luckily not a lot)...it should be in the free section.