Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Home Brew & Wine Making - Winebuddy 30 Bottle White Wine Refill - Sauvignon Blanc Ingredient Kit
|Price:||£23.00 FREE UK delivery.|
- Ingredients To Make 30 Bottles Of Sauvignon Blanc
- Ferments In 7 Days & Comes With Full Instructions
- Kit Includes - 1 x Concentrate Bottle - 1 x Yeast Nutrient - 1 x Stabiliser - French Oak Chips - Finings
- You Will Require 4Kg Of Sugar Or Brewing Sugar, Basic Brewing Equipment For 30 Bottles Of Wine.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
30 Bottle Wine Buddy Refill - Sauvignon Blanc
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Although I did everything wrong and no matter how much I badly followed the (appalling) instructions, I still produced 5 large bottles of good wine - not 6 as specified - as about a bottlefull oozed out of my demijohn over the week.
Pros. Good quality drinkable wine. Alchohol content is about 11%. Cheap as chips if going for the 30 bottle kit at about £1 a bottle including added sugar.
Cons: 1) Awful instructions.
2) Never seen so many 'fining' sachets going into a wine - I think about 8+ over a 24 hour period at the end of brewing time. Finings = sulphates so not good if on a restricted diet or a migraine sufferer.
3) Mix was very violent in the first 6 days and I had to stand the demi-john in a large bowl because of overflow. Smelled like baby sick so I won't make the next batch in the utility room near the kichen!
4) Bubbling mass ruined the airlocks in the demijohn as unable to clean greasy, creamy ooze from the insides.
5) Hard to get accurate hydrometer readings as never acceived the 'recommended' settings as per the instructions.
6) Instructions said to 'degas' wine at end of brew time by moving from one container to next about 6 times. I did it a dozen times and still had gas in until I bottled it.
So will use again, making sure that I only brew in large tubs/vats from now on the ensure vioent reaction doesn't spill everywhere again.
Although the wine is good, it's no where near the finished stage in the 7 days as advertised. More like a month to get better flavour.
I will be buying the kit again. My husband dosnt drink wine but I've converted him!
Not 5 stars because I disagree with a couple of the timings. Firstly 6 days to ferment and one to bottle is optimistic. Perhaps in the summer but maintaining 20 to 25 degrees 24\7 for 6 days was tricky in January. It took 9 using an electric heater at night and a duvet for insulation and heating in the day. Secondly, 24 hours to clear is not enough. I syphoned one bottle in clear glass after 24 hours and compared it to a clear glass off the shelf sauvignon, while passable the purchased bottle was clearer. I recommend you do the same as it will look clear after one day but won't be.
After 4 days it turned out mine was clearer though! Time things right, use a hydrometer, add some common sense and you will have a first rate batch from this kit.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent kit, produced about 20 litres of wine (so about 27 bottles) and it tastes great! At £1 per bottle, I will never buy anything else!Published 16 months ago by Freya Dunn
The wine was amazing and we enjoyed every drop, it did not take long to mature so we didn't have to wait long. Many thanks for your fast and efficient service.Published 17 months ago by Christine Parry
This stuff had the most overly aggressive fermentation I've ever seen. It overflowed green putty everywhere including up the wall all over the table and ruined 2 towels. Read morePublished 17 months ago by sayitasitis
I love wine! 30 bottles for 25 quid. Buy lots of these lovely kits and you will all be happy. That's a promise -x-Published 20 months ago by Sally-Ann Hopkins