on 26 July 2014
If you are not an accountant and have a small business this is definitely for you. Simple to use AND fantastic telephone support. Here is my example. I rang up to ask a question as my accounts were due to be filed and I had to send the info to my accountant. Almost immediately they answered the question, but then go on to do all the necessary work for me and produce a Trail Balance, P&L, Nominal Ledger and Balance Sheet. Five minutes later all the info was emailed to my lawyer. I don't really care how sophisticated the package is I just want the job done quickly and efficiently. This package does exactly that job backed up by superb telephone support that answers just about anything you throw at them. Just try getting that anywhere else!

I very highly recommend this package and especially this company and its staff to you!
on 28 May 2015
Have to admit having moved against Intuit's Quicken and Quick Books, the difference between them and Home Accountz proved to be a pleasant shock: having moved on now a little from the double entry systems so respected (if NOT loved) by professional accountants, the pleasure has progressively increased. However, akin to moving from Windows to Apple's software, it is wise to allow for some desirable adaptation to be contemplated; having said that what sane/rational creature EXPECTs to move from driving a Morris Minor to a Jaguar without having (for safety's sake, apart from anything else) to undergo that kind of process !? This customer, having got hold of the 'for Dummies' handbook on the system very soon found initial/toothing problems seemed to be 'sorting' themselves out - almost like a self-assembling Jig-saw puzzle. So that - although minutely detailed records (as in the past) no longer are so vital, can now look forward with great pleasure to setting up simulations when required in the future for capital outlays, such as car or computer replacement etc. etc. usw.
And in closing must commend the bods at Accountz for their prompt admin style, which helps confidence enormously, especially when one sees on the cover of the 'for Dummies' handbook the name of one of the founders of Accountz.
on 5 January 2015
Its OK but falls well short of Microsoft Money (shame that has been discontinued). I found a better option is BankTree - much more professional (but still only second best to MS Money - why doesn't someone buy the rights from Microsoft?
on 2 February 2015
Being forced to abandon my familiar Quicken software because it became obsolete, I was struggling to find a domestic accounts package.
Fortunately my son discovered Accountz. Whilst it took me a while to learn how to establish different items/transactions: a cash account, paying off credit cards, entering `split` transactions, I was delighted to receive very prompt replies to my queries by email. The support was marvellous, even patiently correcting some of my initial mistakes by `taking over` my computer. I highly recommend this UK product for people who like to keep accurate domestic accounts in a very user-friendly format.
on 1 September 2015
This was purchased to replace Microsoft Money 2005 after the debacle with Windows 10 which prevented it working. After the initial setting up of all the different accounts this software is a joy to use. I have reverted to Windows 8.1 and so have access to both these accounting software packages. I will probably retire Money because it really ancient but we shall see.
on 17 July 2014
I have been using Home Accountz since the first edition and have to say I have found the programme to do exactly what I need for a home accounts package. It's very user friendly and perfect for keeping track of current and future balances for multiple accounts. Home Accountz 3 has continued in this vain with even greater features and ease of use. The best part about this programme is the amazing after sales support provided by this software company. Very friendly and have always delivered immediately when I needed some assistance. Best support team for software I've ever used! Highly recommend this product and company !
on 28 April 2016
I really wanted to step away from my >10 year old Quicken version but unfortunately this software felt inferior in almost every way. Yes, it is easy to backup data online but start times are slow, there is no customisable dashboard view of my finances and even entering a imple transaction takes about twice as long as in Quicken. Sadly, the decision of Intuit to withdraw from the UK market and the subsequent loss of Microsoft Money have led to a complete demise of sensible home finance software and for me the search for a successor is still on. Fortunately my old Quicken is still running on Windows 10 but I do worry with every update/upgrade...
on 8 July 2014
Having bought a new computer and used Microsoft Money for years I discovered that I couldn't use it any more and so I looked for an alternative.

Although this program takes a little getting used to, I am absolutely thrilled with it and it does everything I need. I think there's still a lot more to it for me to learn but I'm getting there.

Thoroughly recommended!
on 8 October 2014
Having switched to a Mac from a PC I had to find replacement software for my company accounts. I'm not an accountant so I wanted the software to be easy to use and adaptable to my specific company requirements. Accountz V3 gave me all of that and much more. The best investment I made was to pay for telephone support, which no other software I looked at provided, and it is Brilliant. The 'real person', in this case Helen, took me step by step, using Team Viewer, through the setting up procedure and helped me structure the accounts in a much more efficient way than my previous setup. With her patient help I quickly learned how the software worked and when ever I got in a muddle Helen was there on the end of the phone to sort me out. As a small company and a one man outfit I can thoroughly recommend this software to start up companies, sole traders or partnerships who struggle with accounting. End of year accounts is now a doodle and my accountant is delighted and charging me less as it has reduced the work he had to do for me.
on 19 May 2016
This is a very good product and though the design and interface seem quite dated in some ways, the product itself serves the purpose very well and is easy to get to grips with quickly. The support seems good and additional updates and improvements are encouraging signs that there will be good on-going development of this software. EXCELLENT ! Keep it up