on 4 January 2014
After around years of hints, blatant requests and nudges I thought I'd get this for my girlfriend for Christmas. It was well within budget and pretty much looked like what she wanted.

It arrived literally within a day or so from initial order-WIN. Got it shipped to work and had to cram it into a two-seater-FAIL.

It was well packaged and so simple to put together - it's all Alan key screws so you don't need a toolkit which was great for me as I don't do any fixing. Anyway, even if you were well rubbish at Lego as a kid or end up in A&E every time you look at a hammer you'll still have no problem putting it together- unless of course if you do something mental like mistake the screws for table legs and the Alan key for your face.

Once put together it looks great- mirror section had no pre-drilled holes for the screws so I had to do that myself but not really an issue. Overall the paint job is good and the wood is what you'd expect from an affordable flat pack. It also seemed smaller despite doing my measurements. It's kind of lost in the bedroom but I reckon that's just because I have a well massive house as the size is as described.

My main issue is with the stool - it's so delicate I thought I might have bought a kids 'my first dressing table' at first. Since getting it set up I've had to re-tighten all the screws almost everyday. Now I know what you're thinking, but my missus is by no means a massive heffer so I don't really understand why it's constantly lose and wobbly when she literally sits on it for half hour a day. After a few months of promising I'll probably get round to reinforcing it but until then I'll make her stand.

Overall looks great, has plenty of storage space (I'm even allowed one drawer) and does the job. You get what you pay for so if you're looking for sturdy French baroque style furniture buy a real antique. If you want similar without going bankrupt like me, then this is the dressing table for you!
on 30 December 2014
You'll get what you pay for... so the quality is a bit dissapointing. Middle drawer was originally put upside down, I turned it and there is a little gap now when its closed. Screws to attach the mirror holders are useless unless you pre drill a hole in the upper unit. Better use smaller ones. Ornament on the stool is glued poorly and its coming off. But all in all... it is only 170 with delivery (which was very quick by the way) and it looks cute! My girlfriend is very happy and so am I, so I'll give it a bit overrated 4 stars!
review image review image
on 24 June 2015
The item arrived on the expected date. It was for my daughter’s bedroom which was being redecorated and refurbished. I didn’t check the item until I was actually ready to assemble it, thinking it safer to leave it in the packaging until that time amid all the chaos. It was easy to assemble and looks every bit attractive in real life as it does on the image.
HOWEVER
On getting the mirror out as the last thing, I found there was a big crack in the mirror. I contacted MHSTAR immediately by email (albeit 2 weeks after actual delivery). They apologised and asked me to supply a photo of the damage and the product information, which I did. They replied and confirmed they would send a replacement out straightaway and it should take about 2 -3 working days. Already, I was happy that they were prepared to do that.
I did have some problems receiving this delivery. The first attempt, I had not realised it would be so soon, and was out that day. A second attempt was made the following day. Unfortunately, I had to pop out briefly and as luck would not have it, it fell within that same time period. I then received an email from MHSTAR advising that two delivery attempts had been made, and I would need to contact the delivery firm directly to rearrange. If they would not deliver, the item would be returned to MHSTAR. So delivery was rearranged and even though I was actually in the house ready and waiting for the delivery, I STILL somehow managed to miss it! The only evidence of the attempted delivery being a card through the door! On contacting the delivery company, they advised it was the third and final attempt and the item would be returned to MHSTAR. I certainly understand their reasoning. So I emailed MHSTAR and asked if they could resend it for me. I didn’t want them to think I was just trying to waste their time. I received a reply from MHSTAR to advise that that had been in contact with the delivery company directly and managed to persuade them to make an absolute final attempt to deliver. So here we are today. FOURTH time lucky and an intact mirror!! MHSTAR cannot be faulted in anyway, going above and beyond normal customer service, and for that I thank them!
on 11 January 2014
A beautiful dressing table, mirror and stool - easy enough to assemble - my 15 yr old granddaughter loves it.
on 13 July 2014
delivery was quick, easy to put together and the price
is right for the quality
on 2 June 2014
Really lovely item. Was easy to assemble, a bit fiddly to attach the arms for the mirror as no markers or holes to fit the screws. So attached arms to mirror first then got it level before attaching to the top. Otherwise really beautiful.
on 27 April 2014
Its such a lovely dressing table! love everything about it! the quality is very good as well. very simple to assemble. the stool is solid and also looks pretty. so happy that I bought it :) would definitely recommend it!
on 3 March 2014
Quick delivery ,purchased for my daughters bedroom.I put the whole thing together without any problems .It looks a lot more expensive my daughter is over the moon .
on 5 December 2014
fabulous! easy to build. great quality for the price. the stool is quite small though, thats my only negative.
on 18 January 2016
Scratches on wood and drawers don't line up.
But pretty and not hugely expensive so i guess thats why.
My daughter is 6 and loves it. Stall is perfect size although had marks on material.
And before anyone asks the reason i didnt make a fuss and contact seller is because we built it Xmas Eve for her present Xmas day and had nowhere to build and hide it before hand so we had to make do.