on 15 June 2007
Another great film that needs to be restored.

"Call It Murder" is released by GMVS Entertainment, a company known for putting out bad transfers on DVD. "CIM" is no exception, and the dvd has terrible sound and picture.
Though it's not GMVS Entertainment's fault certain films have not been restores, I wouldn't spend too much money on these releases.

Look for a region 1 release, it might be better. The film is also know by the title "Midnight" in the US, you might find a even better transfer on VHS.
on 30 October 2010
This has to be a candidate for one of the worst movies ever made. Amateurish to the point of almost-comedy, it's totally cringeworthy.

Bogart's appearance is minimal; it's very close to misrepresentation term this a "Bogart movie". Somewhere else I saw it quoted that he's on screen for three and a half minutes - but he's easily the best actor in one of the worst casts I've ever had the misfortune to watch in any film, anywhere.

If you're daft enough to buy this lamentable effort, you'd be best advised to keep it out of the way to minimise the chances of actually watching it... it's that good.
on 30 June 2014
One of the worst examples of a lazy film company dvd release i've ever come across.
Quite a nice little 'Film Noir' ruined by wobbly picture , crackling sound and vague picture with top of heads missing etc.. .
No effort made to clean up the original film or transfer onto a watchable format.
Avoid buying this and find a Region 1 release if you can .
An insult to the cast & crew.
on 20 July 2010
I was extremely disappointed by this movie which I bought on the basis that it was a Bogart movie. Instead he turns out to be a bit player. I could not recommend it to anyone.
on 25 June 2015
Almost certainly won't watch it again, but not sure I want to dump it onto a charity shop either.

My son walked into the room while I was watching it, and announced it looked older than me - it's actually older than his Grandad, and the sound and picture quality prove that !! I've seen DVDs of other films of a similar age that are much better than this.

Picked it up from a 'bargain shelf', and I can understand why it was there.
on 9 December 2015
Almost impossible to watch at times. Very Yellow and Grey. Sound is poor. Direction is a little like the Village drama society.
Bogart did well to move on after this.
on 4 October 2015
Very poor quality, possibly down to it's age, can just about watch it.
on 28 November 2008
I'd never heard of this film! And I dont know why because it was really exciting and a very good storyline! The acting was good too and Bogie is already looking like a gangster in the making even though this is one of Humphrey's first screen performances!And at under an hour and a half you don't need to have too much time on your hands to watch it!
on 10 August 2015
old film but not bad quality
on 3 October 2014