Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 May 2011 15:11:32 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 May 2011 09:30:27 BDT
How come our heroes never at any point investigate who is sending the flowers every year ? Obviously it is someone involved with the case. As they are sent from around the world why not find out who on the island at the time of the disappearance would have had the opportunity to post them. Someone who was an airline stewardess for example ? As they were sent on a specific day each year it would have been piss-easy to work out whether she was in the place where they were sent from each time. Then Blomquist could have visited her, slept with her, and found out the truth.

Why was Harriet sending flowers anyway ? Surely it was common knowledge that he regarded them as taunting by the murderer - how come Anita/Celia never told her ?

Posted on 12 May 2011 09:28:27 BDT
How come Salnder chucks Harald's PC and diaries, which identify the murder victims, in the lake when at the end she tells Frode to watch the DVDs and "try" to work out who the murder victims are and send money to their families.

Posted on 12 May 2011 09:34:19 BDT
How come Blomquist's daughter (a clunking plot device if ever there was one) immediately interprets the six letter number codes as Biblical references when 1) No-one else over the past 25 years has done so and 2) No-one refers to biblical passgaes in that format anyway (do they ?)

Posted on 9 Aug 2011 17:36:53 BDT
Ukhuman1st says:
For me the biggest mystery in this book was in the Vanger Family Tree on page 6. According to the dates, Birger's mother Ingrid was only 14 years old when she gave birth to Birger, a fact that neither of the acute investigators seemed to have noticed. It led me to the conclusion that this fact would prove highly significant to the plot, so I was rather disappointed when it was not even spotted!

Posted on 24 Aug 2011 19:55:23 BDT
JackieW1955 says:
I guess there are two sides to every story reading. I found this series of books one of the best I have ever read, I could barely put the last book of the three down and just wanted to keep on reading. The whole story just kept falling in to place - the more you read the more you got involved and the more you understood the loose ends.
In summary - one man's book is another man's recycling. But we are all entitled to an opinion. Personally I wish he'd write some more.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Aug 2011 21:51:09 BDT
Soap says:
I believe he is dead, so unlikely to write any more books

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Dec 2011 18:14:05 GMT
Ukhuman1st says:
Unless he employs a ghost-writer?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xb3d0ef3c)

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  11 May 2011
Latest post:  11 Dec 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg; Keeland, Translator-Reg Larsson (Mass Market Paperback - 2009)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (1,750)