Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 December 2013
this is such a good book. i don't know if it suppose to be for a child? I am fifty five, sneakily reading this present i have bought for my daughter for Christmas. Trying not to make ears on the pages, so that she doesn't notice Iv read it first.
honestly its such an innocent story written by a Jewish girl. Or woman about her life as a eleven year old during WW 2
brilliant
on 21 July 2013
I read When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit and A Small Person Far Away when I was at school. I didn't realize that there was a book in-between Bombs On Aunt Dainty. I look forward to reading the complete trilogy.
on 15 June 2013
I read this book avidly - it didn't feel like a children's book at all. Of course the subject matter was very grown up, but the writing style was not childish - just clear and economical - I wish more modern novels (for adults) were like this!
on 17 August 2014
Loved this book, couldn't stop reading it, i would recommend to anyone who is interested in the second world war and how a particular family lived through it, i think it is meant for teenagers, but i found it very interesting :)
on 23 April 2015
The first story is interesting but lacks form and comes to an abrupt end. I bought the book for my granddaughter but when I read it, I was a little taken aback by the adult love story in the second book
on 3 November 2015
This book appeared on one of those "books every child should read lists" and I was a little sceptical as to whether my 9 year old would enjoy it. She absolutely loved it and she had a million questions about WWII afterwards. History lesson and reading all in one!
on 4 May 2013
I bought this book because of an Amazon review and was not disappointed. I had to keep picking up the book to find out what was going to happen to this family next.
on 13 November 2015
Started reading this with my 8 year old, and it's gripped her imagination. Well written and story is absorbing. Makes difficult subject easy to understand through the eyes of children.
on 4 January 2014
These were a gift for an 11 year old girl and her 9 year old brother. Luckily they had not read these and I know they will enjoy them.
on 5 March 2015
Reading this aloud to my 12 yr old daughter and 8 yr old son. We are all loving it!