Format: Hardcover|Change

on 11 November 2013
I really enjoyed this book. Well written, and a very entertaining read. A brilliant idea by Jack and his dad. I would loved to have grown up in their house!
on 4 March 2015
I laughed out loud on many occasions. In fact I woke my husband shaking the bed with uncontrollable giggling. A really hilarious and brilliantly written book, full of eccentric types - and the wonderfully irascible Michael. The affection between father and son shone throughout the book, often touchingly so. Jack Whitehall's illustrations are an added bonus. It is unfair that someone has so many talents! The only complaint I have is with the Kindle edition where the footnotes are in very small and faint print which were almost impossible to read and I was unable to enlarge them.
on 27 October 2013
This is one of the funniest books I have read in a long time, and laughed out loud! Jack and Michael clearly have a very close relationship and are even funnier live. I highly recommend this book and have bought two more copies for my nieces for Christmas! Definitely buy!
on 29 December 2013
I read Him and Me in two days and am happy to say that I found it impossible to put down for even a second. I implore you to ignore any reviews that say this book is 'dull' and 'very poor' because it most certainly isn't!! The book has a very unique premise as it recalls some very funny stories and memories from the Whitehall family saga from both Jack and Michael's point of view, from family holidays and Christmas time, to political differences to sexual attitudes between children and parents- and is a very refreshing and endearing look at the loving relationship between father and son. It is also without a doubt, a very funny book with lots of 'laugh out loud' moments (and some hilarious illustrations from Jack!) and if you want a book to read when you are feeling a bit low, I guarantee this will not disappoint, especially if you like Jack Whitehall. A wonderfully
Warm and witty delight.
on 10 June 2016
This book is great. It's so good that I'm really reading it. It's so funny that I've laughed out loud at many parts. Both Jack and his dad are incredibly funny and this book show it. It also shows what a lovely relationship they have. It's a great read.
on 27 November 2013
I loved this book, the compete opposites of one another, but the love shines through. I didn't want this book to end and clearly there must be a follow on book. Hurry up and write is please.
on 8 January 2014
What a lovely entertaining book of love between a Father & Son with plenty of laughter & adventures shared with all the family ! A credit to them both & not forgetting the rock behind at all times Hilary, beautiful Wife & Mother.
on 28 December 2013
A very entertaining memoir. Jack and Michael alternate writing chapters about incidents during Jack's childhood. When one is writing, the other comments on anecdotes - this cements the way they are working together in this book.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 March 2015
If you are already fans of Jack and Michael Whitehall you must read this book. It is hilarious and made me laugh out loud. I do hope they write some more together - in the meantime I will enjoy their collaboration on Backchat.
on 1 January 2014
Delightful read over the Christmas break. Hilarious- made me snort out loud on several occasions. If you enjoyed the chat show on BBC 3 this book won't disappoint you! Beautifully honest, witty and very well written book.