Flavour: Berry|Change

on 28 April 2012
I was a little sceptical of these. I was told that you can add sea salt to drinks to restore electrolyte balance and I am not keen on Aspartame/artificial sweeteners... However, Eddie Brocklesby was using these in Lanzarote and she is a multi-Ironman completer/age group triathlete so I decided to try them when I got back to the UK. I've found that I no longer get such severe headaches after training/racing and now take one tablet daily in my water with half a tablet of Vit C... I'm scared NOT to take them in case the headaches come back!
on 28 July 2012
These are a relatively cheap way of replenishing electrolytes without calories. For me, the cherry flavour are more palatable than the orange.
on 25 April 2015
I often suffer dehydration (headaches) after a long run and these have been very essential in helping avoid this situation. I am not a fan of the standard enery drinks and I also like to avoid uneccessary sugars. So the only realistic option is a hydration drink. I like the fact that you can just take a tablet with you and mix it to a drink of water if you requre a little extra hydration. You can add 1 or 2 tablets depending on taste and volume. I have tried all flavours and they are all quite nice, I opted for the cherry orange with this order. I think when you buy in bulk the value is pretty good. So these are a must for anyone doing serious exercise, they help keep you hydrated and they tatse good. Keeping well hydrated will benefit anyone doing exercise.
review image
on 12 March 2014
Water has become so much more drinkable. My daily intake now exceeds 2 litres and general tiredness, muscle-ache and disgruntlement has reduced significantly. Being isotonic the drink doesn't hang around in your stomach leaving that bloated sensation so common with plain water rehydration.
Single strength before a run and a litre of double strength immediately after a run has done away with the calf soreness and muscle cramps I've put up with and come to expect after exercise for the last 25 years. I can confidently ascribe these benefits to High Five as all the above benefits arrived together as soon as I started drinking it - I have made no other changes to my regime (other than now exercising more frequently). The absence of sugar means one's teeth are not coated in syrup as happens with many other isotonic drinks.
on 25 February 2013
Very refreshing taste, fast in dissolving and thirst quenching. When bought on subscriber scheme very cheap. This is my third purchase of this flavour
on 3 September 2013
For a few years now I have suffered from migraine following vigorous exercise, or when spending time in the sun. I am always careful to drink plenty of water. I have found that adding one of these to a bottle of water totally resolved the problem.
on 14 May 2015
taste like crap. Don't feel any difference in terms of hydration or cramps... I tried it before/during/after moutainbiking, I tried it when doing nothing... No effect whatsoever! The only plus: now that i bought it, I have to drink water with it... waste of money
on 20 April 2014
I'm training for a sportive at the moment and first took these after having a horrendous headache the day after a long training session. They were recommended by a local sports nutrition store and sure enough within about 30 minutes the headache had gone. Drinking water and having some salty crisps or a salty meal after training isn't enough as you miss out on the potassium salts.

These have two benefits - you get the full range of salts you need and they taste great so you tend to hydrate properly by drinking more. I also find they don't sit in your stomach like water can. I prefer the berry flavour but the cherry orange is also nice (reminds me of Sherbet Dips as a kid). They also do a caffeinated version as an added boost.

I've found I perform better without cramping muscles during exercise and don't get headaches or fatigue during recovery.

My only caution is that these don't contain any sugar so won't fuel you - make sure you have plenty carbohydrates and use gels or other sugars as required.
on 17 June 2015
I took one of these to antidote too much caffeine ( coffee) and it worked a treat. The headache, jitters and racing mind went in a very short time. Not what they are designed for but might be helpful to others.
on 26 January 2015
I don't just use these while exercising, I also find them a more palatable way to hydrate during the day than drinking water alone. I am a Monday-Friday, 9-5 office worker and before taking these was finding myself very tired and dehydrated by the end of the day even though I was drinking plenty of fluids. I now add a tablet to every 500ml of water I drink and I find myself having a lot more energy by home time and the dehyration headaches are gone. Highly recommended.