on 15 January 2008
High School Musical is like a modern-day version of Grease, it's a great film with great and catchy songs. Weird that Zac Efron didn't sing his own vocals in the songs but had Drew Seeley sing them for him? Troy is a popular basketball captain of the East High Wildcats and Gabriella the newest person to join the school break all the rules of East High society by each auditioning for the lead roles in the school's musical. As they reach for the stars and follow their dreams, everybody learns about acceptance, teamwork and just being yourself. A warning though that if you already own High School Musical: Encore Edition and think that "Remix Edition" means another version of the first HSM film, then don't purchase it. Buying the first film when you already own it, is a waste of money. Just so you know, Disc 1 is the Encore Edition & Disc 2 has extras & remixed versions of the songs you know and love! Thanks for reading and enjoy the film!
I'm writing this review for my 7 year old daughter. She thinks that this film is great. The singing is good, the dancing is good, the acting is good, the story is good - if you are a 7 old year old girl then the whole thing is great.

From a parental point of view you can put this film on and let children watch it. There are no nasty undertones, like there are in Grease (which is mentioned in one of the other reviews), everythng is whiter than white, even the "nasty" characters all turn out good in the end. If you have a daughter then she will probably be singing and dancing to this for years - my son, however, can do without it.
on 22 September 2007
I am a huge High school musical fan so even though I have the encore edition I had 2 get this DVD and it was worth it. It had loads of special features including their tours around the world. I highly reccomend this 2 disc remix edition of High school musical 2 all HSM fans!
on 1 February 2008
I bought this dvd it is brilliant the songs the moves and the bonus features to.
even if its not zacs voice all the cast have amazing talent.
i would recommend this.
it includes 2 disks one of which is the dvd with sing along the other with the bonus features.
its a brill buy and would recommend.
on 14 April 2009
I love High School Musical 1, 2 and 3 so I asked my mum to buy this for me and she did. It comes with two DVDs. The first one, with the original movie and also a sing-along version, the second DVD with bonus features. Now I know all the words to every single song! Any HSM fan will simply love it.
on 30 January 2008
I am yet to meet a person that can watch either this or the second one without smiling.

Everything about this movie is great, music, dance and story. I have not yet had chance to play with the special features as only got this last week for my birthday, but I will soon have all the dance moves down :-)

COME ON WILDCATS LOL
on 20 April 2009
I am always interested in cultural trends and phenomena. My girlfriend loves Disney and we finally saw this this weekend.This review is for the UK Blu-Ray. PQ 4/5 (not perfect, but close), and AQ 5/5. We watched this on a 42" Panasonic Plasma and BD35 player.

The storyline which is driven by the lead characters' desire to break the mold, and the turmoil it causes in the stereotypical clique-driven HS was a bit over the top, but funny and sweet all the same. It felt like an "old-school" musical, in that they achieved great success with little or no mention of sex and related insinuations-likely a welcome bonus for parents. The colors and sound on the Blu-Ray sing and the songs are extremely catchy. The underlying themes of unity and exploration were right on, and the film bustles with messages of preserving individuality. Disney has created a successful message driven franchise, with fun, engaging characters. We had a bunch of fun watching this!
on 2 November 2008
So, I'm sure you're asking yourself if this Blu-ray is worth the upgrade? After all Disney have released HSM so many times already even the biggest fans must be feeling cheated! We've had sing-a-long, a dance version, remix and encore when will it end? Well, the good news is that all of those versions are on this disc! Sing-along is basically karaoke. Dance along means that the cast teach you the moves to two songs (16 minutes) So, is it worth buying again? I'll answer that with a resounding yes! The picture on this transfer is flawless and one of the top five transfers I've ever seen. Sometimes the picture feels like 3D (like you're looking through a window and not a television set) Colours are the sharpest I've ever seen and every aspect is visable. That's every strand of hair and every piece of glitter. This is five star demo material! The sound is equally impressive - PCM or normal 5.1 The extras are ok if a tad underwhelming. There's a couple of music videos, a short making of (8 mins) a look at the premiere (DVD release) and a small feature where the cast discuss the phenomenon. This transfer is sure to please old and new fans - I can't imagine anybody being disapointed. Yep, wildcats it's time to get rid of those DVDs...
on 26 December 2007
For those for whom it matters, please note this version is Full Screen (4:3) format. My daughter doesn't mind, but I did!
on 22 March 2013
Very good little movie really did enjoy all the singing and dancing, the story followed through well. Loved it!, dont go pass this movie.