on 9 October 2012
I've been looking for a longer USB sync & charge cable for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7310) and I believe this is it. I love the 2 meter / 6.6 ft long cable as it is the perfect length for when I use my tab on the couch whilst charging. I am no longer worried about accidentally pulling on the cable and damaging the connections, which is what I always did with my original (shorter) Samsung cable. The charging speed appears to be the same as the original cable and I don't see any issues with syncing and/or data transfer to a PC. Very happy with the Seller and prompt delivery too; I ordered this product using standard delivery from the Seller on a Saturday night and received it first thing on Tuesday in a sealed plastic bag and in a padded envelope. FYI, it is not an official Samsung product, but it works. This is my first day using the product so I will see if any issues arise down the road. If so, I'll post an update to this review.
on 3 November 2012
Worked for a couple days, then packed in altogether. Can't charge my tablet using it. Had it worked, it'd have been a wonderful purchase.
on 9 January 2013
WORKS WITH THE GALAXY TAB 2 GT P3110 3G VERSION 7 INCH MODEL GREAT.

TRANSFERS EVEN A 3 OR 4GB MOVIE FILE WITH NO TROUBLE IN A COUPLE OF MINUTES, OR PLAYS STRAIGHT FROM THE USBY STICK PLUGGED INTO THIS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS OF COMPATIBILITY AT ALL AND NO TRANSFER DISRUPTION IN QUALITY WHATSOEVER. FOR THIS MONEY YOU CAN GO WRONG
I purchased this generic lead as an accessory for my Samsung ten inch Tab2. Like most of Samsung owning humanity I found myself perplexed by the incomprehensibly short lead originally supplied with the tablet. Samsung make a point of describing themselves as a company that strive to delight their customers with innovative design, but miserly scrimping on the power/data lead to the point of it being semi unusable is a great way for them to fail in their mission. Delighted I was not.

Samsungs historical gaff (since corrected on newer models via the use of USB instead of a proprietary connection) has opened up a market then, for third party suppliers to sell folks like us generic longer leads such as this that actually do fulfill our needs. The promise of this item being "high grade" and two meters long seemed ideal. At first things did seem to be going well. Okay, the manufacturing quality was visually not as good as the Samsung original, but it did work. Until week four.... After which light useage the connection inside the tab plug became loose. Sometimes it charges the device, sometimes not. Obviously the wires inside the plug were never connected very well to the pins, and a few hours of light use have been enough for the connection to fail. I find this totally unacceptable and I advise you not to buy this item lest you suffer the same problem. I see now that a high percentage of purchasers have suffered the same fault too so this is obviously a common issue. I wonder how many of the good reviews the item has received were written soon after receipt and before product failure.

Obviously the stupid decision of Samsung gave someone in China the opportunity to slap together container loads of low grade leads for 2p each and get stinking rich by flogging them to suckers like me for several quid. I feel very annoyed, both at Samsung and the people taking my money for this supposedly "high grade" after market rubbish. I feel I've been conned, and I question the legality of the product description.

At least Samsung have now switched from their own design connector to the common source micro USB connection in their latest devices. This opens up the option of buying properly high grade leads from award winning companies like Audioquest for instance.
on 9 January 2013
High Quality 2 meters long is much better than the short cable provided by Samsung.
It charges at the same rate as the original. I bought a 3 meter long one from another company at £6.95, but that charged at a very slow rate (20hrs for a full charge)
on 19 April 2013
does the job it is deigned to do. a lot cheaper than the samsung product but just as good and longer cable, I recommend this item
on 9 March 2013
The charging cable that comes with the Samsung Galaxy TAb2 is shortish. I use my gadget so much that many days it needs charging before the day has come to an end. I bought this longer cable so that I can still use my gadget while it is been charged. No matter if I lie in bed or sit in a chair this cable is long enough .....of course if there is a plug point next to the bed or chair.....What I also like about this cable is that the material has another structure to it. This makes it very easy to spot when I am feeling around in a shaded or even brightly lite room while trying to make out which of all the wires next to my bed or chair is the one for my Galaxy Tab. It feels different and also slightly thicker. I bought two, one for upstairs and one for downstairs. The short one that came with my Tab is now being used in the car for when I use my Tab as a navigation system or just simply to charge it up on the go.

Delivery was painless and easy. Great. Will buy again from this seller
on 27 February 2013
this is an excellent lead and and amazing value, it does an excellent job, go and buy it im glad i did
on 11 August 2013
Bought this for my 7 year olds tablet. The length of the cable is ideal so he can still play on his tablet when its charging without sitting right next to the plug. the 2nd time it was used it fell apart. but I muSt say the supplier couldn't have been more helpful. I contacted them and told them, they got back to me quickly and told me to take a photo and email them, which did and they sent a replacement immediately . both items were received quickly and the 2nd one has been fine so the 1st one was obviously just a faulty product. would highly recommend supplier and for the price would recommend the cable.
on 9 May 2013
Its oky as a spare lead but it takes longer to charge the tab,, but length of the lead is gd.