on 2 September 2014
Not entirely sure the one I was sent was the genuine one (as the one pictured) - just came in a plastic bag labelled "High definition VGA Cable (Xbox 36) - granted, it says nowhere in the description it's an official one (just a picture of the box) and the colour of the cables are black - not gray as in the product description. I assumed it was an official one with going by the image and also says " by Microsoft" in the subtitle of the page (as of 02/09/14). Another indication that the cable is not genuine is there's no Microsoft hologram or Hardware embossing of the Microsoft logo. The label on the back of the connector just says "MICROSOFT CORPORATION compatible with Xbox 360" which looks somewhat dubious. The seller I purchased it from was bid2win-ltd. I can't complain with the delivery it came next day, I guess I should have suspected it was too good to be true with it only being £6.50 - but hey, we live an learn.
on 2 January 2011
Perfect cable for playing the xbox on computer monitors.
One of the other reviews state that there is no sound but there is.
It comes with 2 AV style outputs for the sound and the product also comes with a 3.5mm jack adaptor for the sound cables so if you only have a 3.5mm input for the sound you can use it.
Very glad I brought this product.
on 27 April 2012
I got this after having my TV mounted too high on my wall and it got to the point of hurting my neck while trying to play. So I decided to play on my PC monitor with this cable. Sure its the actually Microsoft version, but honestly - its going to be a good investment.

It arrived quite quickly considering I got free delivery. It comes with the cables shown and then a little audio jack (which I didn't know about, so I got one for 64p) anyway, its a great little device if you only have surround sound on the PC or just normal speakers - just make sure once you plug it in that you set the sound to line out? I think it was to make sure the sound comes through the speakers.

Pictures great. I also got myself a 2 port Switch box for this item. It means I can have/use my PC while my Xbox is also playing through ONE monitor. Basically you'll need 2 VGA connectors - depending on what you've got on the monitor output. Then just this Xbox cable and plug all 3 into this switch box.
You'll then just have A and B buttons, once both PC and Xbox are switched on - pressing A will give me my computer screen. But when I press B it will give me my Xbox 360 screen. Awesome little device if any of you guys want the same set up. 2 devices - 1 monitor.
on 9 February 2011
I was regarding this cable as a temporary solution till I was able replace my low-cost 19' LCD with a new branded 22'/23' LCD with HDMI port.

My God I was wrong, this cable provide perfect HD image from the monitor in it's native resolution of 1440x900 wide-screen.
on 10 June 2011
I received my HD VGA cable today (10th June)earlier than expected which is good. I also ordered at the same time the suggestions "people who bought this also bought this" a Phono adaptor and 3.5mm female coupler. When I opened the xbox cable there is included a phono adaptor, this is not a major problem more of an oversight by Amazon and maybe myself for not researching that part?? but for 89p this phono cable will go into my cable stash box as a spare. if you are going to buy 1 of these you dont need the phono cable. I cant comment on the quality of this as yet but having read the reviews posted by others and the fact it is as far as i can tell genuine i am confident.

EDIT: Tried the cable when I got home. WOW! What a difference I have been playing my box 360 S on a tv that wont display 60hz so it was like playing with vaseline on the screen everything had a slight blur to it which since Christmas I have got used to. Now I am playing on a PC monitor which is not HD but 1280 x 1024 and its blown me away how crisp everything is my only problem now is I have the "just 1 more race" syndrome and end up going to bed in the early hours, best £14 spent.
on 26 October 2012
I bought this product simply because a) I have an old and basic xbox 360 model that doesnt have a HDMI port at the back and b) I bought a new television that did not have the 5/6 coloured cable ports at the back.

I could not recommend this product enough, I changed the resolutuon on the xbox to 1366 and its like someone has lasered your eyes with pure HD vision. I mainly play on FIFA games which have always been qute standard in their characters and drawings but FIFA13 looks mint on gameplay. I think the use of the VGA totally enhances any basic 360 that isnt able to hook up to HDMI via an HDMI cable. COD games are now better online because I can see opponents much easier.

I wish Id have known about this product long before Ive bought it. If you have a basic xbox like me and want to improve upon the graphics and resolution then this is a must.
on 4 December 2012
Anyone who suggests that VGA is significantly inferior to HDMI or DVI just because it isn't digital should be ignored. A good VGA cable ie. one which meets all the basic build, shielding and material standards should give you excellent picture quality. Only in comparison to matched, calibrated monitors might a typical user note any difference between VGA and HDMI or DVI.

This MS XB360 VGA cable is a high quality one, at the price you'd expect it to be too and it hasn't disappointed me in terms of picture quality on my Dell 24" monitor.

What has disappointed me if that due to the fact the newer slim XB360 now features a separate optical audio out socket this latest model VGA cable has no built in TOSLink/S/PDIF socket itself. No problem for those with new XB360s but for those of us using older machines optical audio out is now not possible.

This change in spec hasn't been widely publised (if at all) and it is still being sold and reviewed in many of the places I checked before purchase as having a TOSLink audio socket.

More annoyingly the packaging of the newer model features a pictogram of the cable clearly showing the old, offset XB360 TOSLink compatible plug. Whilst there is nothing written on the packaging or here at Amazon that says the cable has optical audio out that pictogram infers it. As there's no way of checking or even knowing to check before purchase it is potentially misleading. In my case if I had known about this I wouldn't have bought it and looked for somebody selling the older version instead.
on 29 December 2014
My monitor hasn't got an HDMI port which made this cable a viable option for connecting my Xbox360 Elite (which has both HDMI and AV connections at the back).

One end of this cable connects to the console's AV port while the other is split into VGA for analogue video and RCA for audio.
As for using computer speakers, you'll need a female jack to female RCA connector for that to work (e.g. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HIDECM4) as mine didn't come with an adaptor.

Overall, the cable has a meaty feel to it and isn't made out of cheap plastic. The image is crisp, same as you'd get through HDMI.
on 10 November 2014
I bought this for a mark one or first edition XBOX 360. Basically, I bought a new TV and wanted to bring my XBOX 360 up to date with HD output. Just make sure your TV has a VGA (PC Monitor Input for dummies) and a PC Audio In (Headphone Jack) for sound.

*Note:*The red and white AV cables are useless without an '3.5mm AV to RCA Phono Adapter' to connect them to PC Audio In. You can buy one on Amazon like i did for a pound.

Once you get past the rigging, You'll be very happy with the result. All my games and apps can be played in full 1080p with no ghosting and good (but not Dolby) quality sound. Good product, Good price and quick dispatch. Cheers.
on 25 January 2011
My first point and probably the most important is that this cable will not work on a laptop, this is because the VGA connector on a laptop is an output and the xbox is also an output,put simply both send picture and audio but do not receive it.

My second point is the review left by Josh Wright and what he means by "annoying sticky-out bit", this is a small piece of plastic which is on the bottom of the bit that connects to the xbox. This covers the area that the HDMI would plug into, meaning both cannot be plugged in at the same time. If you really want to use both at the same then the bit that sticks out can be cut off *THIS WILL VOID CABLE WARRANTY* it is not a perfect fit but for using things such a gaming headsets it works fine. Alternatively you could buy this cable.

This allows you to plug in both without cutting bits of.

Hope I helped