Size: 8 UK|Colour: Smokey Brown/Taupe/Dijon|Change

on 3 April 2012
These sandals are very comfortable and light; excellent for travel. However the quality is variable, I bought four pairs of Okawa since I have problems with my feet and seized on the occasion to buy something comfortable.
Two of the four pairs have faulty plastic loops, they are quite a bit wider than the straps, leaving space for play, this causes the loop to twist and the straps to pull into one corner of the loop, resulting in the strap which is in fact of very poor quality, fraying and tearing.
One pair have torn, and another is frayed and on the way to tearing. These sandals have not been used very much and should have lasted for years.
on 15 September 2013
These are a very comfortable well fitting sandal, unfortunately they fell to bits within 2 and a half months of use. The problem is the straps come away from the sole, and one strap tearing as well. OK for a fortnights holiday use but don't expect to get more then 7 weeks use out of them before they fall to bits. Very disappointing,
on 31 July 2013
Took them on vacation to Crete and admittedly used them extensively but... after only seven days right shoe separated from sole. Avoid.
on 17 July 2013
whilst in the beginning these sandles seem great, they don't last. Over the last 3 months they've only been worn max 3-4 weeks and already the straps have torn and they will need to be thrown in the bin. what sucks is there isn't a way to contact the seller and make a complaint and the refund window is closed.
don't waste your money if you can't return it, not durable at all. Even the highstreet has an options for you to return goods that haven't lasted.
on 18 January 2012
I bought these sandels for my dad for christmas as the one's he's had for about four years fell apart a few month's ago after relentless use! When he opened them he loved the design as they looked just like his old beloved ones. He said that they are really comfy and they didn't rub at all and he's been wearing them ever since (I know, he's weird, he wears sandels all year round, no matter how cold it is!) They are a great price and dad is very happy! I would definatly recommend these :)
on 23 June 2012
As others have reported, the standard of manufacture is variable. The top buckle pulls on its retaining flap and gives way, long before the shoe is worn. I shall wait till I hear the design is improved before buying again.
on 20 August 2013
These sandals are light, comfortable and good looking. However, after only four months of moderate use the velcro fastening on the instep strap of both shoes is peeling off, rendering the shoes useless. Avoid.
on 16 March 2013
I have worn these sandals for a month in South Sudan on a daily basis for a month. I have walked on average two miles a day on all surfaces in the dry season - sand, dust, grit, rock, concrete. Few of these surfaces are level so it was important that these sandals could stand up to strains in every direction, including where the side straps connect with the soles. They have come through completely intact. I have worn them without socks in temperatures of 33 to 38 deg C in the shade, but most of my walking was, of course, in the open sun, so my feet were pretty hot. But the sandals proved comfortable and smooth and did not rub anywhere, even when they were new. I would recommend these everytime. They are very good value.
The only problem I had was that I had to send the first pair I ordered back because they were too small. I would suggest you order a size bigger than your usual one.
I am now back in the UK and am continuing to wear them despite the weather - they are so easy and comfortable!
on 4 June 2016
About the Seller.

Originally I had ordered the Dark Chocolate /Taupe coloured sandle, but the very next day after ordering the sandle (I was ordering after the threshold for the next day delivery). I was contacted by a friendly and helpful, representative. Informing tht they didn't have the exact colour I had ordered.

The representative was informative and helpful, describing the alternative. That I agreed upon, that was a lighter shade of chocolate tan colour. Then still were able to get the new pare of Sandals to me, by the next day, without holding the order up.

For the seller, I would give them 5 Stars as they were really helpful and informative. :0)

The Sandles.

Overall the Sandles, are really nice to wear, soft comforting soul, made from a riged foam sub structure and an overall well built design. My criticism relates to the rear strap / support. Unlike one that uses a adjustable strap on the back. This design I found has no real give, forcing me in this case to be mindful of the ocasional obstacles whilst on the beach.

But the good grip and structure of the Sandles, held up to clambering on the rocks of the Cornwall beach I am staying at and so despite the rear strap, I still think these Sandles are a 5 star item... Possibly four.

:0)
on 15 August 2015
As a long distance hiker I bought these sandals primary as camp footwear for wearing around the evenings camp after hiking all day. I had never worn sandals before and bought the Hi-Tec Owaka's on a recommendation of Chris Townsend, England's premier long distance walker.
The sandals were comfortable straight out of the box and are ideal for general wear.
I hiked the Pennine Way National Trail earlier this year and decided to wear these sandals to hike in and not just for use around camp. What a revelation! After over 30 years being a mid boot advocate for hiking footwear I am now a convert to sandals. The Hi-Tec Owaka sandals have been worn for over 500 miles of trail walking - in fields, on tarmac, over rocky ground and in wet conditions as well as around town - and they have coped admirable on every occasion.
Mine haven't fallen apart, the soles are still good for a few hundred miles yet and the velcro fasteners are still going strong.
I don't wear socks with sandals and, although I developed a blister when I first wore them, this was down to not fastening them properly to fit my feet.
I have broad feet with a narrow heel and these sandals fit me very well.
Highly recommended.