on 1 December 2012
I wouldn't recommend these as they are totally piece of crap. I wish I read some of the reviews as they are true . These caps after certain amount of time are impossible to remove from the valve as there is some sort of a reaction between caps and the valves. I just spend an hour to try to remove 2 caps , and it proved impossible. They are solidly locked. Now I will have to go to tyre shop and pay for removing them professionally. Do not buy them, unless you want to spend some more money afterwards!!!
on 27 October 2012
Bought with a hint of caution in the first place due to the competitive pricing...Labelled as metal, but does not specify as aluminium which should be avoided at all cost. Having had aluminium caps before i know not to fit them, the aluminium oxidises and coo reds meaning they have to be cut off, this happens surprisingly quickly.
on 3 October 2012
These are causing me a lot of problems, somehow, these metal screw dust covers have 'welded' themselves onto the tyre air intakes, and cannot get off. The have only been on a 2 months.

Despite soaking in WD40, I have only managed with great difficulty to get 2 off, the remaing two, are well and truly 'welded' onto my tyre air shank, so, it's probably a trip to my garage to for new valves and intake shanks...

Not pleased, even though greased, they stuck on, not sure what alloy these are mahde of, but, I suspect, it reacts with the brass on the car valve, causing some kind of weird reaction and causing this welding action.

Having used several types of dust guards over the years in the past, some made of pure aluminum, some plastic and alloys, no problems, till I bought these................

Very happy, a lot of unesseccary hassle....
on 6 June 2012
DO NOT BUY THESE - They will cost you a LOT of money. I've just come back from a tyre fitters where I've been charged £10 PER WHEEL to have the valves replaced. I was advised by both Kwik Fit & McConechys (bothe 2 Lrge Tyre Companies) that these caps are made from an Alloy which fuses with the copper that your tyre valve is made from and they would NEVER recommend these be EVER used!!... With plyers & a socket set they managed to, with great difficulty, remove 2 of the caps... but the other 2 would just not budge... TOTALLY FUSED with the wheel valve, so they had to strip the wheel and entirely replace the valves!!! Kwik Fit will charge you more at £15 per valve/wheel!!!

So here I am, luckily only £20 out of pocket instead of a possible £40 and back to the plastic caps I started with!
on 2 August 2012
The product is good value for money and looks good. Delivery was prompt. However, it is essential to grease the thread before putting the caps on otherwise they weld on due to bimetallic corrosion. This is a common problem with metal valve caps.
on 28 May 2012
Firstly, I have to mention that I was suspicious about buying these valve caps, as other reviews mentioned that they had siezed to the brass valve on the vehicle. To stop this from happening, I coated the inside thread of the valve caps with some copper seize guard, and have found no such problem.

The valve caps in themselves are very well made, and I have bought two packs (one chrome, one gunmetal). The chrome design look particularly good as they show up very nicely in all conditions, and if your car/bike has a chrome trim going on it compliments it very nicely.

Can't fault them, and they look far superior to the low grade plastic ones that are supplied as standard. 5/5
on 23 August 2011
What can i say.. service and delivery good.. product spot on for the money (you don't mind scalies nickin them at this price)
on 26 June 2011
What can you say about dust caps - they look good and in the month they have been on the car are not showing any signs of tarnish.
Would recommend.
on 29 September 2011
These caps are smart, and very light (so will not affect critical balancing unlike some after-market ones). They appear to be aluminium, so may be worth lightly greasing the brass tyre valve thread before screwing down in case there is a corrosion issue between the 2 metals.
on 5 September 2013
I am yet to use these because I stupidly didn't read the reviews previously and only after these were purchased, however after reading the reviews I didn't want to put these on just in case something happened.

I thought emailing the supplier would help just so they can guarentee that what the reviews were saying were either incorrect or there was a way to avoid this. Instead they told me not to buy from them if there was any doubt. I personally thought this was a ridiculous response. I understand these are cheap and it's what thats the type of customer service you expect from a cheap shop like this online but I wasn't going to risk forking out for 4 brand new tyres (based on previous responses) so I thought I would ask and see what response I got.

These arrived and are going straight in the bim, it's not even worth the hassle with the company who gives such a blunt and informative careless attitude or worth the risk of losing all 4 tyres like the poor chap below.

I have made the company aware I was going to write a solid review about this product but this didn't bother them in the slightest.

I do feel very sorry for the attitude shown by the employees!