Colour Name: Red|Size: 55 cm|Change

on 4 March 2012
Looking for a dog lead on Amazon is a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack made of needles, there is soo much choice. We had initially just went for a quick release buckle style nylon item, thought it was good value and cheap. however its main flaw emergd as soon as attached to a lead or subjected to doggy scratching which took away the tension, causing the dsog to slip the lead/collar twice.

As a result we plumped for the Ancol Nylon collar with a buckle,it was the perfect solution. Plenty of adjustment for dog neck width and our dog isnt scratching around the neck half as much so I assume its a comfortable fabric.

Highly recommended
on 29 January 2015
Only giving this 2 stars as is not what is described. The buckle is not brass but silver and there are no eyelets on the holes. It is a cheap collar and would be a 5 star one if it was as described. I have had one of these for my pup before she outgrew it so hence why I ordered another one but it is not the same as before ( like described).
on 18 April 2014
As your other review says, my collar has no brass hole-strengthening rings as shown in the photograph. I fear this makes it less likely to last, and if it had cost more I would bother to make more of a fuss....
on 5 August 2013
I bought this for my puppy as his 'intermediate' collar to wear while his neck is still expanding, the thinking being that I will get him a nice leather one when he stops growing. This is a very good collar for the price - smart, strong and hard-wearing. My dog clearly likes it too because he never takes it off. He can swim in it and it dries quickly. I am a relatively inexperienced dog-owner but have noticed that Ancol seems to be a trustworthy make. You cannot go wrong with this collar (provided it fits).
on 13 December 2015
As I bought for a larger dog the collar was very thick and the buckle was massive and very heavy. Had to return as not lightweight at all
on 8 September 2013
I have a tuxedo cat and he does not wear his bow tie to wander around garden fences, so he slums it in this very smart one!
on 17 January 2012
Bought this PURPLE collar for my beautiful Weimaraner dog but when the product came back it was pink very disappointed
VINE VOICEon 20 March 2016
These are the best dog collars i have ever bought for my french bulldogs. I dont like the plastic clip type as my lot will chew them if left on the dogs after a walk. I have had a red size 6 for over 3 years on one of my dogs. I wash it in the washing machine every 2 weeks. It never rusts or frays. If you want a lovely well made collar then these are the ones. Cant fault them.
on 11 January 2016
Was surprised to find the collars had no eyelets, these are not as described or as purchased before! The collars have been my favourite for at least 30 years, have always bought them. Have 26 goats, each needs a sturdy collar to withstand wear and tear when browsing and to look good when being lead, esp. when at shows. Eyelets give added strength, will be returning the collars and look for alternatives! Disappointed the goat are all due new collars. Pictured is Kerrie waiting for her new collar!
review image
on 9 May 2014
It's a very good collar for our dog, it fits nicely, and it slides around on her neck nicely, to let her neck breathe as well as her fur, without falling off, so it seems comfortable for her, and we've never had any problems with it. I would recommend it!

See one answered question