Here we go, the specifications of the DVD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Apr 2009 11:36:26 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 Apr 2009 11:56:55 BDT
Joss says:
For the french edition, and I suppose for the UK edition

TOS season 1 remastered new CGI effects

Audio : English 5.1 German 2.0 mono French 2.0 mono Spanish 2.0 mono Italian 2.0 mono
Subtitles (Episodes, trailers and bonus features) : English German French Spanish Italian...

DISC 1 - 4 Episodes:
The Man Trap
Charlie X
Where No Man Has Gone Before
The Naked Time

Bonus features
Trailer of each episode
Spacelift: Transporting Trek Into The 21st Century

DISC 2 - 4 Episodes:
The Enemy Within
Mudd's Women
What Are Little Girls Made Of?
Miri

Bonus features:
Trailer of each episode
Life Beyond Trek: William Shatner

DISC 3 - 4 Episodes:
Dagger Of The Mind
The Corbomite Maneuver
The Menagerie Part I
The Menagerie Part II

Bonus features:
Trailer of each episode
Reflections On Spock

DISC 4 - 4 Episodes:
The Conscience Of The King
Balance Of Terror
Shore Leave
The Galileo Seven

Bonus features:
Trailer of each episode
Trekker Connections" -trivia game

DISC 5 - 4 Episodes:
The Squire Of Gothos
Arena
Tomorrow Is Yesterday
Court Martial

Bonus features:
Trailer of each episode
Sci-Fi Visionaries

DISC 6 - 4 Episodes:
The Return Of The Archons
Space Seed
A Taste Of Armageddon
This Side Of Paradise

Bonus features:
Trailer of each episode
Billy Blackburn's Treasure Chest: Rare Home Movies and Special Memories

DISC 7 - 4 Episodes:
The Devil In The Dark
Errand Of Mercy
The Alternative Factor
The City On The Edge Of Forever

Bonus features:
Trailer of each episode
Kiss 'n' Tell: Romance In The 23rd Century

DISC 8 - 1 Episode:
Operation: Annihilate!

Bonus features :
Trailer of the episode
Star Trek: Beyond The Final Frontier
The Birth Of A Timeless Legacy
To Boldly Go... Season One

All the bonus features of the American edition (HD-DVD) are present, even the "Star Trek: Beyond The Final Frontier" documentary, it's the good surprise for me.

Posted on 27 Apr 2009 23:08:38 BDT
There are more subtitles than you list there on my set. Mine are from Amazon UK, yours were from Amazon France.....however I thought they were the same sets? Mine list English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish and Swedish subtitles. Audio tracks and special features are identical to yours.

They really are lovely sets.....I especially like the 'steelbook' sleeves. I have wrapped my steel sleeves in bubble paper and put them away for safe keeping, as I have other metal DVD cases that tend to scratch and dent very easily - plus the inner cases look great on my shelf as they contain the same exterior artwork as the sleeves. One grumble is that the discs are rather awkward to get out of the tight spindles, but with my experience of this style DVD casing, they do tend to loosen with repeated use.

As for the new CGI FX...well, I have already seen a few episodes with the new FX, so I knew what to expect. It is just lovely.....and it blends in with the cleaned up live action sequences beautifully. Just a stunning, stunning set of DVD's. I bought all three seasons and the same is true for seasons 2 and 3. I can't recommend them enough to people still trying to make their minds up. Having seen them upscaled on my DVD player and HD TV, I also do not regret holding out for Blu-Ray. These look stunning as they are.

Posted on 2 Jun 2009 04:37:02 BDT
T. Edwards says:
Hey - Thanks very much for this. Makes it easier to find what's on which disc because the packaging is a disaster as far as finding actual disc content is concerned.

Posted on 18 Jun 2009 23:03:24 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Jun 2009 23:06:04 BDT
Silvertip says:
Hello B. Pritchard, the subtitles for Series 2 and 3 do indeed give you the choice between English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish and Swedish. For Series 1 the "Product Details" only show French, German, Italian and Catalan. Could it be this is a newer version than the one you wrote about (with only those 4 subtitles) as you commented that it should have al 10 subtitles. I am hoping Series 1 also has Dutch subtitles like Series 2 and 3. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Oct 2009 16:26:13 GMT
I am thinking about buying the star trek original series and lets face it theres plenty of choice regarding this classis series,
Ok, what i want to know with the latest version out at the moment is do you have the option with each episode to view with either re-mastered footage or original format?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  27 Apr 2009
Latest post:  26 Oct 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Star Trek: Original Series - Season 1 Remastered [HD DVD] [US Import]
Star Trek: Original Series - Season 1 Remastered [HD DVD] [US Import] (HD DVD)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (113)