- Hardcover: 96 pages
- Publisher: The History Press (1 Nov. 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0752463640
- ISBN-13: 978-0752463643
- Product Dimensions: 23.6 x 16.5 x 1.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 318,605 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Henley-on-Thames Then & Now (Then & Now (History Press)) Hardcover – 1 Nov 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
JOHN PILLING built up his knowledge of the history of Oxfordshire while working in the Centre for Oxfordshire Studies in Oxford Central Library. He has since worked as a professional librarian specialising in local history, and is now a Principal Librarian with the Oxfordshire Library Service. LAURENCE WATERS is a local professional photographer. After working most recently for Oxford University, he has been actively involved with the Great Western Society at Didcot for many years.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The only thing that has mildly tarnished the book is a couple of the pictures from past times do not match exactly with the modern ones, but it does not detract from the book being a nice relaxing read.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland
- Books > History > Cultural History > Local & Urban History
- Books > History > Reference > Geographical History
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Physical
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology > Family & Social Groups