Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Sep 2011 02:10:39 BDT
Looking forward to this one!

The 'bonus disc' looks like it has already been released on Dagger Records, the Estate's 'official bootleg' label. Selections from the Winterland concerts have previously been released under the Alan Douglas regime as the 'Live at Winterland' LP/CD, and the 2 CD set 'Winterland Nights' set, which adds four songs to the former release. Some tracks also appeared on 'The Jimi Hendrix Concerts' LPs and CD.

Other than that, Hendrix fans have had to put up with bootlegs of fi both low and reasonable.

There is of course repetition of songs, but as Jimi never played a song the same way twice and these shows were among his best with the Experience, this is all good - even if "Mitch is on his third pair of arms".

Posted on 9 Sep 2011 12:11:30 BDT
Marc B says:
Only significant omission for me is the version of Spanish Castle Magic from the 11th of Oct which was on the Univibes Calling Long Distance cd. Also released on the Like a Rolling Stone single, exclusive to the EH website. Frustrating but this is a fantastic release none the less.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Sep 2011 05:43:35 BDT
I'd forgotten about that version of SCM.

I picked up this set today and noticed that although billed as 'The Jimi Hendrix Experience', the package booklet contains somewhere between zero and bugger all photos of Mitch and Noel, but one of Buddy Miles.

Surely Mitch and Noel's contributions deserve better than this?!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  6 Sep 2011
Latest post:  27 Sep 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Winterland (Limited edition with bonus disc)
Winterland (Limited edition with bonus disc) by Jimi Hendrix (Audio CD - 2011)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (20)