It seems that concern around the literacy of our children has never been more prevalent in the press and media. Every day we hear new stories of failing schools and young adults leaving education without the basic reading and writing skills they need to fulfil their potential.
This groundbreaking new book will help you to help your children to develop a love of reading, writing and learning in general. It will prove vital to the thousands of parents who know that their childs early successes in reading and writing could hold the key to a successful academic and professional future.
The book sets out to answer all the questions that parents ask themselves about their childs reading and writing development:
· When should I start reading to my child?
· What should I read to them?
· When I should I encourage my child to write?
· What level of reading and writing should my child be at now?
· What books should my child be reading?
· What about school? Shouldnt they be teaching my child the basics?
Offering independent support to parents, the book will to help you to respond positively to the demands of your childs literacy needs. Covering ages from birth right through to age 11, and conveniently split in to age specific sections, the book will help you to ensure that your childs learning is an organic, natural and highly enjoyable experience.
You dont need to be an expert English teacher yourself either. Just by following the simple guidance and advice contained in this book will help you to give your children the head start they need.
· Find out what kinds of books are suitable for your child.
· Discover a world of engaging and fascinating literature for children of all ages.
· Learn from the authors extensive 10-year study on literacy.
· See how you can actively support your child in their reading and writing and how you can get involved.
· Learn about the impact of computer games, TV and modern technology on your childs literacy.