- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: BBC Active; 1 edition (7 July 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0563519681
- ISBN-13: 978-0563519683
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 0.9 x 19.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (23 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 6,956 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
How to Help Children Find the Champion Within Themselves Paperback – 7 Jul 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
This is a book to be recommended to anyone committed to getting the best out of their children and, more importantly, to helping their children to get the best out of themselves. Dr Stephen Briers, Clinical Psychologist, Little Angels and Teen Angels.
From the Back Cover
This book is an innovative, accessible and groundbreaking guide that will change the way adults communicate with children forever.
David Hemery believes that within every young person there is a spark of greatness and a unique individual keen to fulfil his or her potential. Every adult is a guardian of that flame of talent. Using everyday scenarios and cartoons he introduces:
EFFECTIVE QUESTIONING and ATTENTIVE LISTENING powerful and positive communication tools that deliver extraordinary results.
Every parent, teacher and coach will recognise common pitfalls that are described with astute comment and humour. Hemery shows how easy it is to transform conflict in communication, and to encourage young people to take responsibility for their actions, develop their self-esteem and reach their true potential.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
For parents, grandparents, teachers, coaches, in fact anyone.
The book makes huge amounts of sense. We generally don't encourage our children to think enough for themselves and they become reliant on adults making decisions for them. Not a recipe that will lead to successful independent adulthood!
The techniques proposed in the book are simple enough to understand but inevitably much harder to implement. I believe its worth persevering and practicing not only for the better relationship you could build with your children but the wider benefits of being a more active listener and engaged questioner at work and in your other relationships.
Its really easy to read and incredibly well written
You wont regret it
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very easy and quick to read. I would recommend it to all coaches, young and old, as well as parents and teachers. Read morePublished 13 months ago by A. Kent
good insight to unlocking the "spark" to children developmentPublished 15 months ago by Master Malik Motivator
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Job Hunting
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Raising Children > Child Development
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Social & Developmental Psychology > Child & Developmental
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational