Size: X-Small|Colour: Black|Change
Price:£20.45+ £13.99 shipping

on 20 February 2012
I am a UK size 10 - 12 and at 5ft 8 I need a good coverage for a base layer. I have not ordered HH before so thought I would be safe ordering a Medium. Oh no....it's more like a size 8!!! I am in the process of returning it and have ordered a size Extra Large so hoping this will be ok!
I did notice others reviews on the normal round neck HH base layer saying that they had to order a size up too.
on 27 March 2012
I am a size 8 and purchased a Small size.
The Small fits perfectly.

The colour is fantastic, and the top looks really good.
The collar makes it quite stylish.

I brought the top for sailing and have been very happy with it's ability to keep cool or warm.

A good thermal top, very happy
on 20 May 2013
I read the reviews before buying, and, as I am the top end of a size 12, not large busted, I ordered 'Large'. Perfect fit. Wore it every day on a walking holiday, it was so comfortable. Washed it at the end of the day, rolled it in a towel before drying it overnight on a hanger. Brought home a suitcase of unworn tops. Less packing next time!
Over the years, I've worn many different types of baselayers from a variety of different manufacturers but in terms of wicking performance, these stand out as the best.

I use mine for walking, cycling, kayaking and as a general daily baselayer all year round. In chilly weather, I wear a merino wool layer on top: because merino doesn't wick as effectively as Helly Hansen's 'Dry' range, this provides the best combination of warmth and wicking without any stickiness.

Worn alone in cold weather, they don't provide much warmth and they don't have much wind resistance either but they're not really designed as a warm thermal layer and if you're standing around in cold temperatures then you're likely to feel cold. However, worn during activity then they are at their best - sweat is wicked away quickly leaving your body still feeling (relatively) fresh but, most importantly, dry. (They're also perfect for dealing with menopausal hot flushes and night sweats too!)

They are true to size but feel on the small side straight from the box then stretch when worn. I'm a UK 10-12 and ordered the small. At first it felt quite tight due to the close fit, especially around the neck and cuffs, but after a few hours it seemed to 'give' and I completely forgot about it as it stretches freely with every move. The close-fit is needed for the best wicking performance and the close-fitting sleeves don't ride up but they are also tight for rolling up, even on my very slender arms.

Because they wick sweat so effectively, they can be worn for several days without becoming smelly and after washing they they dry quickly too.

Definitely 5-star quality, fit, performance and value for money.
on 27 October 2013
I was absolutely in love with this product since I bought it 2 years ago until I left it in a changing room. I think I will be buying another one but I think I'll go a size up just because it comes up a little short on me so it lets a draught in at the bottom. Fine if you've got the matching bottoms to tuck it in to but I only wear those when skiing. I find you do have to wash it every time you wear it unlike other thermal tops I have but it's a small price to pay. Just wish I hadn't lost mine!
on 28 November 2011
Great style and quality, I love it! Helly Hansen has yet again proven they do great stuff for active living
VINE VOICEon 9 December 2012
The little lady loves it, a good quality product, if it is half as good as the Helly Hansen kit I've bought for myself then no wonder she is happy. Pulls all the sweat off your body so you don't end up catching a cold.
on 1 March 2013
I am a size 16 on top and am not flat chested. I thought a size XL would sit so it stays in place under my fleece and ski jacket, but this was so small I could barely fit it over my body!
on 19 August 2014
This item is made extremely small with not much stretch. i am a size 10 and the medium was too small so unfortunately had to return it.
on 14 December 2012
This top is great and very warm. Fits great under any over garment. Extremely comfortable and soft against your skin.