Size: MediumColour: BlackChange

on 23 October 2012
I have been looking for a stylish and attractive waterproof/resistant coat for years. Living as I do in the Scottish Highlands, I spend a lot of time in waterproofs but don't think it's unreasonable to want to look nice, so I really wanted a smart yet simple style which was the right shape for a woman. There are plenty coats out there which are waterproof but you wouldn't necessarily want to be seen in them, dead or alive. This Helly Hansen Belfast coat ticks all the boxes for me technically and style-wise - it's so flattering that I (almost) can't wait for it to start raining again. Another important factor was that on Amazon this coat was £20-£30 cheaper than anywhere else. I also have the peace of mind that comes with Amazon's after-sales service, which I've found over the years to be exemplary. I am a fan, as you can probably tell, and this is one of my best Amazon purchases ever!
11 comment52 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 July 2012
I bought this coat for a festival and am delighted to say it does exactly what it says on the tin - fully waterproof and windproof which unfortunately was a necessity! I also wear it around town as it is stylish and comfortable. I did purchase the Helly Hansen Precious Fleece to wear under it as it is not intended for warmth and they work really well together.
on 13 April 2012
This jacket is a great longer design with a good size hood. True to size and looks really good. A happy purchaser and despatched promptly. Thanks
on 10 December 2012
Love this jacket, light enough to pack away, great length and quality material. It's also fashionable although in a disreet way. Do not hesitate!
on 6 July 2012
This jacket is excellent. I wanted something that looked good yet was functional in very wet weather but could be packed away in a bag if it wasn't needed. This jacket fits the bill! The hood is nice and big to keep off the heaviest of rain but fits snugly so that you dont lose it if the wind gets up. Delighted with this product.
on 26 August 2013
wanted a light weight rain jacket that looked a bit smart with a hood. not out of place walking the dog or travelling to work. Long enough to cover body. all round very pleased indeed
on 26 April 2013
Stylish, nice colour and keeps you dry when wet but you need to wear layers of warmth underneath - not as warm as my previous Trespass jacket - and more expensive too.
on 12 June 2012
Really, really pleased with this. Fits well and looks smart. I'm a size 12 and I brought size medium as I wanted to be able to get a jumper underneath. The zip is sturdy & jacket has some handy pockets. Love the length too!
No doubt I will be using this regularly due to the fantastic British Summer we seem to be having!
on 19 May 2013
Bought this three weeks ago. I love the fit, colour (charcoal edged and lined in pink), detail, shape and length. Did think it was a bit expensive but was in the mood to treat myself! I am so glad I did, it picks my mood up :-D although the weather is cold and rainy!!! I have had lots of compliment's too!!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 May 2015
Delighted to have got this at the deal price but was worried about fit as being between a 14/16 I would have chosen the 'L' size after reading reviews but it had gone. I ordered the 'XL' expecting to have to send back but it fits very comfortably with plenty of room for a very thick jumper/fleece and on it's own doesn't look overly large at the shoulders seams etc. These are the measurements of the coat: Length centre back from where hood joins coat to bottom 91cm. With coat zipped up width across armpit to armpit 58cm. Width across very bottom of coat 68cm. Length of sleeve from armpit to end of cuff 51cm. Pocket on sleeve 13.5Lx13W. This is a very good quality lightweight raincoat which has been finished to a high standard with good quality zips (the main zip can be opened top and bottom at the same time) and the pockets have the same zips.