Size: 90+ Kg|Colour: Red|Change

on 14 September 2010
I bought this buoyancy aid as it was cheap compared to others in the shops but liked the reviews that it got and believed Helly Hansen to be a really good make. I was not disappointed with the quality and fit, it is for my 14 year old daughter to keep her safe while fishing. She is happy as it looks really well and she doesnt mind wearing it. Would reccommend this jacket as really good value for the money.
on 24 March 2011
This buoyancy aid was great for what i wanted it for. I can swim, but im not a strong or confident swimmer. I bought this to snorkle in Thailand at christmas & it was fantastic. It kept me afloat, but i could still put my head in the water & see all the fantastic colour fish. Its also very trendy, for an oldy like me!! I felt very confident & also even attempted some other water sports that i'd never have tried without it. Great product!!!
on 8 April 2012
I have one of these myself and think it is very good for its price,nice fit and comfortable shape my only criticism is that it tends to ride up a little.
Just a note It is a buoyancy aid not a life jacket.
Buoyancy aids keep you afloat where a life jacket is designed to turn you onto your back to keep your face out of the water.
Always wear the correct size,too small will not hold you up and too big will slide up and cover your face.
Test it in a safe environment first,It amazes me the amount of people that don't test them and trust their lives that it will keep them afloat.
If you sail or kayak one day you will end up in the water!!
on 25 July 2012
Very comfortable and easy to adjust. I am quite a large person and it fitted me perfectly. Nothing but confidence wearing this and, as you do, I had to try it out in the water to see if it would support me. It did with ease, and I weigh 18 stone!!!! Very impressed and would highly recommend this make and model.
on 7 July 2015
A warning about most life jackets. I was present this weekend to an incident where an elderly person slipped transferring from dinghy to boat. An easy thing to do. Unfortunately they were on their own and if it wasn't for a keenly aware bypasser would have tired, overcome by exhaustion through repeated attempts to climb onboard and slipped under the water. He could have tried to swim to shore but the life jacket they wore (similar to this) had a under crotch tie BUT they didn't have it secured. As a result it rode up barely helping to keep his head above the water. Further he couldn't cry for help as he was muffled by the jacket. Anyway word to the wise; send a bit extra and get a life preserver. Make sure you ie the bottom strap too. It could save your life.
on 23 September 2015
One of the best purchases I have made! I am around 50-55 kg and bought the 40-50 kg vest by mistake. I should also point out I am really bad at swimming (had 2 lessons so far and it is fair to say I have no talent whatsoever, in the words of my teacher, I swim like a shopping trolley abandoned in a gutter).
I have used this product recently, during my holidays and it made me buoyant enough to be able to do snorkeling daily. I would not advise anyone to try it unsupervised (I always swam together with a certified Master Diver) but it made me feel safe and I did not need help at any moment. It keeps you floating and alive even if you are clueless. If, like me, are unable to swim, you need a "buddy" to give you a push and shove in the right direction, but otherwise it is perfect.
It is comfortable, easy to put on, the ties hold, nothing itches or scratches. It dries quickly and it can be easily cleaned. It even looks pretty. Unlike typical life jackets/vests, it does not rely on air to keep you floating, so you do not need to worry about piercing it and you are safer. I would have missed on many dives and great times without it.
on 13 September 2013
we bought 2 for the inflatable kayak we went onto the sea and fell out and the aids worked really well well worth the money
on 18 February 2014
It is always a concern when you purchase something on the Internet and are unsure as to whether it will be as good as you anticipate. I purchased this due to trusting the brand name. I was not disappointed, it is well made, fits well, looks good and is not at all cumbersome when using it for snorkelling. Easy to fit and take off. Easy to pack in a suitcase. A really good purchase and so good my wife made the same purchase.

Concerning size, I am 5'9" and of average build and the 60 KG to 70 KG was a perfect fit for me. My wife is 5’ tall and 50 KG to 60 KG was a perfect fit for her.

Overall a terrific product in my opinion.
on 2 September 2010
I have other -far flashier and more expensive -buoyancy aids but since buying the HH they have seen little use . It is unobtrusive and comfortable and dries well.The lack of straps and simplicity of design has made it my vest of choice when using my open canoe on my favourite overgrown stream as doesn't snag on overhanging undergrowth and does not restrict movement in tight situations .It has proved itself to be an effective buoyancy aid on a couple of occasions when I became unexpectedly separated from my craft !
As long as it is remembered that the HH's "50" rating indicates that its use should be limited to fairy benign waters it offers value for money and is certainly up to the job .
on 1 October 2014
Does exactly what it says on the tin - I know, because I fell in on first attempt to launch my kayak! Jacket gave me loads of bouyancy and I easily climbed out and tried again. Only hurt my pride ...