Size: 70 to 90 Kg|Colour: Red|Change
Price:£29.14+ Free shipping

on 28 July 2013
Firstly, it does what it says in that it keeps me afloat in water (I'm 80kg and it stops me sinking). From that point of view it is great and when I go sailing it is perfect and fairly inexpensive. If that is what you want it for then it has to highly recommended.

After a year of use, what I did not realise however is that the way you wear buoyancy aids is different in a kayak compared to a boat. In the Kayak, this led to the buoyancy aid riding up on my chest and constantly rubbing on my chin which became very uncomfortable after a days paddling.

I have now spent much more money on a kayak / canoe aid (I went for a Palm Hydro @ £75 but the Yak's are similar) which has wider arm gaps for more arm movement and is not as tall as this HH aid so does not ride up.

In summary it's a 5* on a boat but only a 2* for a kayak (which is mainly what I wanted it for) hence 3*.
33 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 August 2013
Very comfortable to wear, never had a problem with it (haven't had to use it in the water yet!). It zips up the middle and straps across making it feel very secure. Arrived in very good time. Very happy with the product.
on 22 May 2015
Excellent all round buoyancy aid. Very well made and a perfect fit making it very comfortable. Stands up to salt water very well and is easily cleaned.
Has the quality build of a more expensive vest. Highly recommended.
on 9 April 2015
This buoyancy aid is awesome works absolutely perfectly. I'm 6ft 2 and weigh 16 stone and the job it does is fine.
Definitely recomd if you like getting out on water and fitting is perfect too, it allows easy all round movement without riding up.
Good piece of kit.
on 10 August 2010
I have used this vest for the first time today and found it very comfortable. I would agree that the sizes are very tight, i'm 5'10" and less than 90kg with a 42" chest and need the largest size and would guess larger folk may find this vest tight?
on 8 November 2015
This life jacket came to me as X large. Dangerous at best, Perilous at worst. Fortunately i can swim so it wasn't a problem. Please check that your weight is suitable Because X large for this company is small in other companies. I am 18 stones but very tall and not particularly chubby. It barely fitted around me and looked like it was a childs life jacket.
on 28 August 2012
Brought three of these for the family to go Kayaking in. Good quality product. Lots of freedom of movement, without any compromise to the secure feeling they offer. Pocket was just big enough to fit the car keys in (Card Type) but not much else. If in doubt with sizing I would go bigger rather than smaller. Very quick delivery. Would certainly recommend them.
on 7 July 2011
Have two other types of neoprene lifejackets purchased whilst living in Canada. Ths one beats them hands-down for paddling on our paddle-ski (as would it on a kayak). You want the freedom to move your arms and not sweat like a beast feeling trussed up like a turkey. This one is loose fitting, easy to fit and does the job. Great buy!
on 25 July 2013
This is exactly what I wanted for going sailing with. I particularly liked the lightness, style, easyness of wear and of course the safety aspect of this jacket.

I would recommend it without hesitation.
on 26 September 2010
A well packaged and very arrtactive Buoyancy Aid. Fit's tight to the body with pull straps, very light weight and affords enough room to row with comfort. Also has a cheeky breast pocket for flares, or my case nibbles! Well worth the price.