The first time I listened to this album, I've got to admit, I was a little worried. I kind of jumped on the bandwagon with LTJ. The first song I heard by them was All My Best Friends Are Metalheads, off THPS4. I absolutely loved it! It still stands as my favorite song ever. Then I heard She's Gonna Break Soon and The Science Of Selling Yourself Short. I got Anthem, then listened to Losing Streak on Napster. That became my favorite album of all time, but I had only heard two songs from Hello Rockview. True, I had heard the same amount from Anthem, and enjoyed that, but was there really a chance I would like it just as much? Uh, yeah.
Being a hardcore listener of Losing Streak, and now this, I must admit Roger's bass playing is phenomenal. He always has interesting bass lines, where it isn't three chords the entire way through. Some of his playing can be evidenced on Five State Drive, or even at the end of Motto. Since all songs are great, here's a breakdown of the songs.
1) Last One Out Of Liberty City - 3.5/5
2) Help Save The Youth Of America From Exploding - 4.5/5
3) All My Best Friends Are Metalheads - 5/5
4) Five State Drive - 3.5/5
5) Nervous In The Alley - 4/5
6) Motto - 3.5/5
7) History Of A Boring Town - 4/5
8) Great American Sharpshooter - 4/5
9) Danny Says - 3/5
10) Big Crash - 3.5/5
11) Theme Song For H Street - 3.5/5
12) Richard Allen George...No, It's Just Cheez - 2.5/5
13) Scott Farcas Takes It On The Chin - 4.5/5
14) Al's War - 4/5
I know this doesn't really look that good to you - kind of average - but I'm trying not to do this: EVERY song is perfect! 5/5 for all of them! Except for History Of A Boring Town! I give that 6/5, because it's beyond perfect! Uhh, no it isn't. Either is All My Best Friends Are Metalheads, and that's my favorite song ever. But really, buy this CD. You won't be disappointed.