Customer Discussions > Heavy Rain (PS3) forum

Heavy Rain - Worth the money?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Feb 2010 11:01:38 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Feb 2010 11:04:15 GMT
S. Mcsweeney says:
I am eager to play this game but will be waiting till it comes down in price! I mean the last game I bought on release date was MW2 and I'm still playing to this day. The online experience is endless, however with this game I feel like i would buy it, and after a week or two, be done with it. Any thoughts?

Posted on 26 Feb 2010 12:41:08 GMT
Tachikoma says:
buy it now!
i know what you mean - it won't have the same replay value as MW2, as in you wouldn't just sit down, play 10 mins, stop. So far I haven't managed to put it down before about 6 hours worth of play. I reckon there will be some decent replay though, as there's loads of different twists the story can take. Without giving anything away, the plot can go any number of ways pretty much from the get-go. Also, once you've gone through a chapter, it's opened up in the main menu so you can play just that chapter (to unlock a trophy, see different story lines etc) or carry on from that point, change the whole of the rest of the chapters.
Er, so yes, buy it now I'd say...

Posted on 26 Feb 2010 12:54:18 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Mar 2010 01:57:01 GMT
J. Russell says:
personaly...I do not think it is worth the money, my advice is to rent it or wait until it is about 10 pounds, an unusual and atmospheric experience.

Posted on 20 Mar 2010 17:44:42 GMT
D. Holmes says:
worth the money NO

you are sensible to wait

Posted on 27 Mar 2010 13:50:07 GMT
A. Calow says:
I suppose it depends on how you look at it. The cost of a cinema ticket nowadays can be 10 for a 2 hour film. So by that measure 40 for, say, 8-10 hours of gameplay first time through seems equally good value for money. And bearing in mind a rather good twist, which is subtly hinted throughout the game, you'll play it at least twice.

Posted on 7 Apr 2010 16:38:10 BDT
Frankly, Heavy Rain is my favourite game of the generation so far. It's atmospheric, gorgeous and draws you in like no other video game I have ever experienced. As for resale value, you could play this 4 times exploring all possibilities and endings and still not be satisfied. I can't recommend it enough! Buy it Now!!!

Posted on 8 Apr 2010 08:46:18 BDT
Finished this game last night and it is excellent, however I can't see there being much replay value as you are aware of the twists before your 2nd playthrough starts. I would suggest renting, however if you chose to buy it is an excellent experience, just doesnt have the replay value
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Heavy Rain (PS3) forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  26 Feb 2010
Latest post:  8 Apr 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Heavy Rain (PS3)
Heavy Rain (PS3) by Sony (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (280)