Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 March 2012
Iain picks up this the second book in the Brothern Trilogy "Attitude",some four maybe five years after the death of
Martin 'Damage'Robertsons. He has continued his occupation as a reporter and has published a book, much like any other
investigative reporter would have done under the circumstances. The story begins when Steve 'Wibble'Nelson , now the President of the Brothern MC UK, calls with a request.
Iian takes this story from suspition to assumption, from fear to admiration. You will ride with Iian as 'Wibble' takes him down the road with the Brothern. You will become a part of the respect these two men develop. You will come to understand how these two men can become associates. You will understand why this association must end never to be rekindled. You will understand why this is a "Damn Good Read."
-Good job Iian-
on 31 January 2015
Read the first and was really impressed as Mr Parke was obviously well researched and determined to write about the MC world without all the usual histrionics. When I read this second book I found it a bit of a let down. Coming back to the whole series for the second time reading I realise that was my failing. I had found Damage such a real, fascinating character - particularly as we had seen him grow from young, green misfit outsider with potential to leader in a wholly believable manner. I was gutted when, well...when he was...
So, the story without damage on first reading seemed to lode its'centre.
I was wrong.
Seems that there is a chance there will be a tv series. I hope so and I sincerely hope they realise that retaining Mr Parke's down to earth hold on reality will avoid it becoming as ridiculously overblown as Buns of Anarchy.
There are many bad books based on MCs out there. From the ones about infiltrator heroes so-called to ones written by those who betrayed their club to ones written by authors whose idea of that life seems to be gleaned from daily print rags and Saturday morning cartoons.
Mr Parke has written a sequence of books that are as far away from those as you could wish.
put the kettle on, put your feet up and prepare to lose a good few hours in one of the best ways possible.
on 30 April 2012
Returning to the murky world of the Brethren MC, Iain Parke, reporter for the Guardian is plunged back into a turmoil of plot and sub plots. Who really killed Damage, who sanctioned the attack at the Cambridge chapters bike show, who can he trust...
A brilliant read, written in real world terminology, not glossed over and over explained for the 'straight' reader.
A cracking read, only interrupt for food and sleep!

More please Iain.
on 7 September 2012
Good book for those who are into the back patch scene or for those wishing to understand it. Well written & clearly knowledgable on the subject. As with all "biker" books, concentrates on the criminal side of the lifestyle & forgets the fun partying that attracts many people in the first place - like drugs, people wouldnt do it if it didnt feel good...Otherwise very good.
on 7 March 2013
Iain Parke has fast become one of my favourite new authors with his Brethren trilogy.

I enjoyed Heavy Duty People so much that when I had three new books to read, including this one,
I kept Heavy Duty Attitude till last. I wanted to have something to look forward to.

I wasn't disappointed.

This time round Iain has written himself into the story and we get to go on that break neck journey again courtesy of our guide/author.

We learn more about the secretive world of the Outlaw MC's and are treated to intrigue, twists and turns as this time "Wibble", the Brethren President attempts to fill the big boots left behind by the legendary Machiavellian "Danger" of "HDP".

With internal disputes, peace brokering with deadly foes and potential all out war with a new looming enemy, Iain Parke will take you on a white knuckle ride where you will wonder right to the end if you're gonna make it out alive!
on 8 March 2013
the 3 book s are okay for a wet uk weekend, when you want a quick read to fill your time, instead of riding your bike.
do a Kindle buy, and you don't even have to get cold toes going to the door for the post.
If I was 18 again I would get the rags on, ring the lads up, score a bag of herbs and few cans, pack the old lady on the bitch pad and go out for a run... but i'm not 18, i'm 56 the diabetes won't let me drink. the doc says the herb will send me madder than I am.
And any how she's 16 stone now not 16 years old, the bikes out of petrol and I have to get a 2nd mortgage to fill him up.
my water proofs are a bit tight round the middle. (very tight says a voice from the kitchen)
AKA ' Old beetroot belly' like the mere cat on TV.
so I will sit in and look at the nasty weather the UK has to offer....
And dream about a well spent youth.
Doris wheres my skins. nope the king sized Iv'e made me sen reet fed up.
on 22 August 2014
Iain Peake says that these books are supposed to respect the 1% scene. I find the books incredible they illustrate bike clubs as being infiltrated by criminals at all levels and all club members making a living from crime. His bikers also kill chapters of their own club and use explosives on a massive scale to do so. This guy shows no respect for patch cubs and reinforces all sorts of negative stereotypes about them as well. The stories get worse book by book as well.
on 19 January 2013
Another great book of pure believable fiction, if you enjoy conspiracy theory, thrillers and a real twist and turn from a writer whose style is simple , gritty entertainment, you'll enjoy this trilogy. Right now I'm off to start book!
on 26 November 2013
Interesting take on the biker scene plausible plot line good insight into how things are run in a major bike club though the criminal activity is fiction the infighting political and territorial disputes are portrayed pretty well
on 18 June 2012
Suspect Mr. Peake knows a lot about the subject. Good book with necessary content to make interesting to casual reader. Dont mess about with patched up bikers.