- Paperback: 228 pages
- Publisher: ConstructionSkills; New edition edition (3 Jan. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1857513436
- ISBN-13: 978-1857513431
- Product Dimensions: 14.8 x 1.2 x 21 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (391 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
7,576 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #5 in Books > Business, Finance & Law > Reference & Education > Health & Safety
- #5 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Health & Safety
- #11 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Building Construction & Materials
Health, Safety & Environment Test for Operatives & Specialists: GT100/14, for Operatives & Specialists Paperback – 3 Jan 2012
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I starting practicing on my computer 2 days ago, booked the test for today, and came out of the exam in 10 minutes with 100%. And I definitely wasn't rushing or attempting to.
There are just under 400 practice questions in the 'preparation' part of the DVD, and the simulated tests at the end are good as well. One thing I liked in the 'practice' part of the software, was that you could choose which topics to be questioned on, and how many questions you want to be asked.
When going over the preparation questions, there is a reveal and hide button for the answers. As somebody mentioned before in the review section, try and answer the questions before revealing the answers as most of the test can be done by using common knowledge. If there is a question that is very specific that you can't possibly know by common sense, don't try and guess and just reveal the answer so that it sticks in your head better and so that the other options don't fool you << key tip.
And finally, for a lot of the questions in this test, if one of the answers available is 'Report to the Supervisor or Manager', that answer is probably going to be the correct choice. You'll understand when you start practicing :P.
It is a very useful book, I would recommend.
Everyone learns differently but I actually preferred just revising from questions and checking if my answers were right. Much easier to revise and memorise than picking out information from paragraphs in my opinion. I am a student so I know how tedious that can be!
Needless to say I passed the test first time and it took me 15 minutes, even after checking my answers! So glad I brought this book.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Reference & Education > Health & Safety
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Building Construction & Materials
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Health & Safety
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Civil Engineering