Maybe a wounded inner role took over and you didn’t catch it...?
This book will explain what you can do about it.
Using EMDR therapy to treat our Inner Gallery of Roles has brought together the best of reprocessing and role therapy for trauma and painful memories. Written for the layperson and full of snippets from the author’s case studies, it will give readers information about emotional trauma and why we should treat it. In a fun, entertaining and yet informative manner, it illustrates how our inner roles run our lives – for better or for worse.
The purpose of this book is to help identify and clarify the existence of our Inner Gallery of roles – those who live inside all of us and that drive many aspects of our lives, such as the Scaredy-Cat, the Adolescent in Crisis, the Liar (that even lies to myself!), and the Inner Doctor. We will see how these roles are born and develop within, their functions and interactions in our lives, and how to heal the wounded ones, so that we can lead more fulfilling lives. We can also learn how to celebrate those roles that build us up and move us forward in life, and serve as positive resources when we need them. Although Role Theory is an integral part of Psychodrama the special emphasis in this healing process is on EMDR, a new reprocessing therapy developed by Dr. Francine Shapiro that was initially a form of trauma therapy. We tie together all of these aspects in order to help our Inner Gallery of roles develop “good neighborhood policies” and live in greater harmony and health.
In this book we will explain how:
- roles develop inside of us 1
- trauma and painful memories keep our roles from proper development as we grow up 2
- this has impacted our lives 3
- and what we can do about it. 4
- Introducing the Folks Who Live Inside 1
- The Metaphor of Trauma: Remember Lot’s Wife 2
- Trauma and Its Consequences 3
- Role Theory 4
- Sharing from the Inner Gallery 5
- The Inner Gallery of Roles and Dissociation 6
- EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing 7
- Play of Life: Finding Out Who Lives Inside 8
- Play of Life y EMDR: Negotiating the Inter-Relationship of the Inner Gallery 9
- Healing the Folks who Live Inside: Why We Can Heal 10
- The Inner Gallery Speaks: Mary Anne’s Session 11
- In Conclusion 12
- How This Book Came About 13
- About the Author 14
Chapter headings include: