on 10 August 2012
This is the first E V Thompson book I have read. It will not be the last!
A delightful read with plenty of twists and turns. Yes, I worked out who the murderer was but that did not detract from my pleasure in the tale. I recommend this completely
on 9 November 2012
As usual a very good read, the Amos Hawke novels have always held the Imagination of what Cornwall was like 150 years ago. Hawke's Tor started out with you thinking you knew who done it, only to wipe the smug look off your face several times through out the book well done the late great E V Thompson
on 18 March 2013
I have always loved E.V. Thompsons books right from the time I read God's Highlander. Easy to read, a good story including historical facts, I am so sorry He is no longer with us to write more of these enthralling books. For me it is good to pick up a book with no swear words or sordid sex scenes.
on 19 December 2012
again i bought this for my wife who is an ardent thompson fan,and she was not disapointed.even though she has most of his books.
on 17 February 2013
Well, this was a good follow up to the original Churchyard and Hawke. This time the identity of the murderer was hidden rather more skilfully which made for a more interesting read. The range of characters was interesting although I did wonder about the reality of the sub-plot. Let's hope Churchyard has better luck this time!
on 25 March 2013
I hadn't read anything like this before but the range of cheap books for the Kindle means that you can try things like this...Escape from the hustle and bustle of modern life for a while and give this a go...
on 16 December 2012
Yet another EV Thompson story of the Cornish people, Closely regarded and reported with an astute eye by Mr Thompson, whose novel writing, and fantastic descriptions of the places I know from holidays. Reading his books makes us feel as though we were there, and, they are so good, we tend to believe that the places we have since visited, we know the full history of. Even though, what we really know is the History of the peoples that EV Thompson ''created''.
on 6 July 2014
Great time with the book, relaxing read enjoy the view of Cornwall in the time when life was slow and steady,again well researched historical view of the time and people's lives.
on 7 August 2015
Great service.Item arrived quickly and we'll package . I'm a big E V Thompson reader.I love the story lines of his books.He will be sadly missed by all his reader's.
on 14 April 2015
A delightful combination of period drama and murder mystery peopled with likeable and credible characters. The Cornish setting greatly enhances this gripping story.