Showing 151-175 of 341 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 4 Sep 2013 13:31:13 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 Sep 2013 13:31:24 BDT
Bleu says:
Thanks J. :D

Posted on 4 Sep 2013 13:32:16 BDT
Rapster says:
Wow!

I've been away for the past 24hours or so and coming back to this, well, just 'Wow!'...

Rome II is quickly becoming a 1 star product due to people complaining on the reviews side about the missing DLC codes rather than here, there's a theory that Amazon may be withholding DLC codes (although you could read that post in a number of ways ;)) and we're still being given conflicting information.

Have I forgotten something?

Posted on 4 Sep 2013 13:43:14 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 Sep 2013 13:43:53 BDT
Rapster says:
I've just been doing a few quick searches and it seems that it is mostly, if not all, European retailers that have the DLC delivery problem... There's definitely a Czech retailer with the same problem as us.

Posted on 4 Sep 2013 13:55:57 BDT
KeiferMac says:
I have still not received my DLC codes even though I was promised to have them by today. I am really getting fed up with this now especially as we are all getting different promises and information from Amazon. I think we should all demand a £5 gift voucher or something similar to reconcile this disaster.

Posted on 4 Sep 2013 14:01:24 BDT
Rapster says:
@KeiferMac

If we were American we'd be starting a class-action thingy but, we're British and will probably do nothing... I agree with you, though, a £5 gift voucher would help me to completely 'forget' the problem ever existed!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Sep 2013 14:13:01 BDT
KeiferMac says:
Exactly what I meant, they would redeem themselves as far as I'm concerned and that should be Amazon's first priority at the moment.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Sep 2013 14:23:58 BDT
Select the Army View button on the bottom panel.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Sep 2013 14:27:49 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 Sep 2013 14:30:10 BDT
J. Nuttall says:
@ KeiferMac and Rapster.

ASK.

Instead of typing out my whole email conversation, as it will be very lengthy, please take the time to read for yourself in the following images:

Me: http://i.imgur.com/HTkNCUd.png

Amazon:
part 1: http://i.imgur.com/IawUjPq.png
part 2: http://i.imgur.com/lLjDARV.png

Me: http://i.imgur.com/9URLNwQ.png

Amazon: http://i.imgur.com/A1K6srR.png

Basically, I asked and have received a £5 gift to spend on any item due to the delay/misinformation about the products status.

Anyways, I am happy to hear that by at least 8pm tomorrow (*eyes roll*) we'll be sent our codes manually. I must admit, kudos to Amazon, they must be very busy at the moment. Shame launch hasn't gone as smooth as expected, the game is wonderful despite a few bugs here and there, but nothing a patch can't handle in the next few days/first week.

Thank you Amazon!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Sep 2013 14:30:51 BDT
Go on Steam, select Games on the menu bar at the top, select Activate a Product on Steam, enter the code and off you go. I still don't have the code.

Posted on 4 Sep 2013 14:32:11 BDT
From what I've been able to gather, Amazon have been relying on another company to supply the codes. A few people have commented on speaking to customer services today, and being informed they are trying to send the codes off sometime today. Whether that happens or not is yet to be seen, but it appears they are trying to get them out soon.

Posted on 4 Sep 2013 14:39:29 BDT
ZTWoody says:
hello everybody,
I have had the same problem as everybody on here and have been in contact with amazon over several days but it looks like they may of sorted it. I have emailed today to say that they are going too manually send everybodys code out to night and should get it by 8pm tomorrow if not please contact them directly and they will sort it out for you. I really hope this helps everybody and hope you all get it by tomorrow night.

Posted on 4 Sep 2013 14:55:29 BDT
ZTWoody says:
Well if they don't supply them then it does mean that they have misled consumers and they will get in a lot of trouble as it means they are breaking the law under the trading standards act and it means we could get refunds or something if this happens but I think they will sort it out by tomorrow and we will get the codes by tomorrow.

Posted on 4 Sep 2013 14:57:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 Sep 2013 15:14:33 BDT
DekRemzD says:
Having not heard from Amazon the entire day after contacting them yesterday, I got in touch through the Help/Chat function. I've been told that despite being promised yesterday that I would receive the code at some point tonight (at the very latest), the date has now been changed to the 6th of September as it is being sent manually. After asking for compensation or if I could return the item for a full refund, I was told that NO compensation would be issued. I've lost all trust with Amazon now, and WILL NOT be using them for future purchases.

EDIT: I'm going to try and get a refund for this item, as the only reason for pre-ordering was to play as Sparta.

Posted on 4 Sep 2013 15:07:09 BDT
KeiferMac says:
I am now being told I will have the code on Friday the 6th. This is ridiculous.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Sep 2013 15:07:59 BDT
KeiferMac says:
I did ask and they denied me the gift voucher, glad someone got something though.

Posted on 4 Sep 2013 15:13:49 BDT
ZTWoody says:
I am frustrated like many of you are but at least we should get them either tomorrow or Friday. I do agree that it is crap we didn't get them but at least they are going to do it manually and we will get them, over the next 2 days. if not then we keep hassling them until we do get it. This is my first major problem with amazon and even though I am angry, at least they are trying to sort it even if it has been slow.

Posted on 4 Sep 2013 15:25:25 BDT
Nadir says:
they are coming at midnight tonight guys !!
Hello *********

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

My name is **** and I will be happy to assist you today.

I tried to call you on ***********to discuss this order with you but there was no answer when I called.

You should find a voice message from me to confirm this.

I have received an update from our product team since I left your voice message.

The problem with the codes has been fixed.

The pre-order codes will be re-sent manually from midnight tonight and all customers will have receive their codes by 8pm on 5 September 2013.

I hope this solution works for you. We hope you'll understand that we can't offer you any compensation in relation to this matter as the issue was caused by the manufacturer and beyond our control.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Sep 2013 16:08:43 BDT
KeiferMac says:
@Nadir

Thanks for uploading this, I really hope it is the case! It's stupid that they can't give us "compensation" though, probably because there is so much of us with the problem.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Sep 2013 16:10:13 BDT
Bleu says:
That is good news Nadir thanks for posting. :D Lets hope all goes well *fingers crossed*

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Sep 2013 16:10:28 BDT
If you pre-order you get the DLC for free, as a bonus for pre-ordering. You want a compensation for not getting your free stuff right away? Seriously?

Posted on 4 Sep 2013 16:14:52 BDT
Rapster says:
@J. Nuttall

Nice that you got some compo, I'll give it a try...

Posted on 4 Sep 2013 16:21:00 BDT
Nadir says:
well to be honest , the only reason I pre ordered rather than waiting was the DLC......
BTW why is no one doing multi-player battles !

Posted on 4 Sep 2013 16:22:48 BDT
Sam says:
Itching to start my Athens campaign :(

Posted on 4 Sep 2013 16:53:24 BDT
Nadir says:
anyone want an online game in the meantime ?

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Sep 2013 16:56:38 BDT
Hughes says:
Hi J, How do you contact customer services by e-mail? I can't find a link on any of Amazon's pages. I think we should all ask for £5 vouchers. Like everyone else, the only reason to pre-order this was to get the DLC for free. That they are late with it is an inconvenience for which such compensation is both appropriate and proportionate.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  109
Total posts:  341
Initial post:  31 Aug 2013
Latest post:  21 Sep 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Total War Rome II (PC DVD)
Total War Rome II (PC DVD) by Sega (Windows 8)
3.0 out of 5 stars   (435)