Customer Discussions > Total War Rome II (PC DVD) forum

Haven't Received the Code?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 341 posts in this discussion
Posted on 3 Sep 2013 07:58:33 BDT
Antony Hayes says:
5 minutes to go and nothing to show for the code... Massive shame that such an easy to solve problem has lead to dozens of unsatisfied customers. Gonna have to ring support again :S

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 08:01:07 BDT
S. Hodgson says:
No code here...pretty disappointing. Probably time for me to contact support.

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 08:06:57 BDT
no code here as well i got in touch with support and they said they'll find out about the code and email with 2 days this is outragous

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 08:12:28 BDT
Yep...no code for me either.

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 08:13:53 BDT
Mr. H. Miah says:
I havent recieved mine either

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 08:15:18 BDT
Rapster says:
I really can't help but smile when I read just how seriously some people take these missing DLC codes... It is only a DLC, I'm sure it'll be sorted.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Sep 2013 08:16:08 BDT
But i wanted to play as one of the Greek factions :(

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 08:31:08 BDT
Just spoken on chat: "I've checked with our team concerned and they are already working on this issue.
We are confident you will receive the codes by end of today." The rep was very helpful - all we can do is wait and hope....

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Sep 2013 08:39:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Sep 2013 09:10:04 BDT
Antony Hayes says:
I think that a lot of people (including myself) considered this piece of DLC integral to the overall product and the fact of the matter is our consumer rights have been breached. Now if Amazon held some official response to the situation i think we could forgive them but while this situation has been going on they have continued to sell pre-orders offering the code within 48 hours?

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 08:52:45 BDT
M. Hardy says:
Just gave them a call, they are said they are releasing them during the day. If you haven't got yours before 12 o'clock tonight give them a call and they will try and sort it out.

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 09:02:23 BDT
Mark S says:
Cheers for ringing them up guys, saves me the hassle of doing. Hopefully comes today, a bit annoying not being able to start the full campaign but ahwell.

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 09:02:58 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Sep 2013 09:15:10 BDT
Rapster says:
M. Hardy, thanks for calling them. Hopefully, this will all be resolved by the end of the day.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Sep 2013 09:07:35 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Sep 2013 09:08:34 BDT
Antony Hayes says:
That's fine Rapster I'm not trying to argue or start a fight with anyone, i apologise for my angry response i've edited my previous comment to remove my unfair assumptions. Its questionable whether 'while stocks last' is a legitimate reason in these circumstances. Afterall they continued to advertise and sell the product with this bonus well after it was obvious the stock had run out. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

To be honest i might just 'bite the bullet' buy the DLC off steam then if the code ever does turn up put it on ebay for £4.50.

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 09:17:12 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Sep 2013 09:29:14 BDT
Rapster says:
No worries, Ant. I've just edited mine, too. I really wanted to play my first game as Sparta, too...

Yeah, £5.99 for the Greek States on Steam. Thinking about doing the same now...thanks for putting that little idea in my head! :D

Edit: I'll wait till the day is out.

Totally agree with you on one point; dunno why but, I feel as if I've been sold short on something from the game, as if I'm missing something...

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 09:17:36 BDT
Same here no code

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 09:41:40 BDT
Claire says:
"Customers who have ordered two days or more before a game's release will be sent their incentive/codes on the day of the game's release. e-mails do send throughout the day, so please give at least 24 hours for your e-mail to arrive."
on the advice of looking under Amazon's help section, this is what I found. I think I'll wait until tomorrow before calling or emailing them, hopefully I won't have to though.

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 09:50:44 BDT
S. Hodgson says:
Just received this email back...

'I understand that you have not received the pre-order code for the "Total War Rome II (PC DVD)".

I apologise for the misunderstanding and inconvenience caused.

The pre-order codes will be e-mailed to you by September 04, 2013.

If you do not receive the codes by September 04, 2013, please let us know and we will do everything to assist you further.'

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 09:54:19 BDT
Rapster says:
Wonderful, thanks S. Hodgson and Claire.

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 10:04:57 BDT
The responses from Amazon, whilst useful, aren't encouraging. Anyone who works in services knows that if you don't have an answer/product you just tell people to wait and call back later, and that what it seems to be with Amazon.

Given that others have received their codes already it looks like they're scrambling to find more (if they had them, they wouldn't state such a long wait) and trying to hide their lack of preparation.

Overall it's a lesson that most of us can learn from to order on Steam from now on, even if we might save a few £££ on Amazon.

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 10:06:19 BDT
J. Nuttall says:
This is great news, mine hasn't arrived in the post as of yet, but I am hoping it will do soon!

Personally, some kind of announcement or email informing us about a shortage would've been highly appreciated, but at least by the sounds of it we'll all be getting our codes soon either today or tomorrow.

Happy gaming everyone!

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 10:28:28 BDT
Tone says:
NO DLC codes here either, emailed customer support about it, really bad form Amazon, you should have sent these out with the boxes or at least emailed your customers on dispatch. There is no excuse, there is no "shortage" of codes, these are generated automatically by a key generating system, it can churn out tens of thousands a second, I imagine the problem is actually Amazon making promises it can't keep in a bid to out sell its competition, fine , but not at the expense of your customers.

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 10:30:20 BDT
A Forster says:
No code either, so much for getting it within 48 hours of dispatch.

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 10:33:28 BDT
KeiferMac says:
Really wanted to start a Greek campaign today too. Terrible form from Amazon, I'm really disappointed.

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 11:26:25 BDT
From customer support:

Promotional Code
Haven't received your pre-order promotional code "Greek States Culture Pack" for Total War Rome II? We're in the process of sending codes out and you should receive your code by the end of today.

For orders placed on or before Monday September 2 the codes will be e-mailed to you within 48 hours of dispatch.

Fingers crossed, really wanted to start an Iceni campaign with additional civilisations to trade with.

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 11:28:54 BDT
Dave says:
Sent: 31 August 2013 07:03:19
arrived Monday and still no code for Greek pack dlc from amazon whats going on
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  109
Total posts:  341
Initial post:  31 Aug 2013
Latest post:  21 Sep 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Total War Rome II (PC DVD)
Total War Rome II (PC DVD) by Sega (Windows 8)
3.0 out of 5 stars   (428)