Customer Discussions > Total War Rome II (PC DVD) forum

Haven't Received the Code?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 341 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 2 Sep 2013 14:42:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Sep 2013 14:44:17 BDT
J. Nuttall says:
It mentions within 48 hours of dispatch, for myself, been 2 days, 4 hours and 50 minutes since my dispatch email, and still no sign of a code - I've checked my Spam folders too.

Just now I've contacted support so we'll see what happens. Hoping that my pre-order comes tomorrow on release day (as today was the estimate but hasn't arrived *sad face*), along with the DLC code either tonight or tomorrow morning.

I can fully understand there might be a high demand, but currently I have mixed feelings due to the lack of information or any updates on Amazon's half on the Rome II page.

Posted on 2 Sep 2013 15:00:37 BDT
Rapster says:
I do apologise, a slight typo which has been corrected. I meant to have typed 50 not 30 hours. Doh!

Posted on 2 Sep 2013 15:03:49 BDT
Rapster says:
Well, I sincerely hope that you get the game by launch time, 0800 BST. We'll find out also if the DLC is already attached to the codes included with the boxed versions from Amazon...

Posted on 2 Sep 2013 15:15:21 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Sep 2013 15:19:38 BDT
J. Nuttall says:
I contacted support and thankfully have responded with the following, and I'm rather glad as they've handled with haste which is always a good sign of customer service.

"Hello,
I'm sorry to hear that you still haven't received the code for your "Total War Rome II (PC DVD)".
I understand that 48 hours has now elapsed since your item was dispatched.
It is still possible that you will receive your code later today via e-mail.
Just to make sure, I have asked the appropriate department to provide you with a spare code. I will contact you again within 2 business days with an update. Please be aware that this is the maximum amount of time it will take for us to update you.
I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon."

Hopefully I'll get the DLC code later tonight, if not it'll be the day after release until I'll be able to play as the Cities States, hopefully it just means to unlock for campaign play, who knows?

With installing the game, the day one bug patch and the added Pontus faction, although I have a rather good internet connection, I don't mind the small wait as it'll take some time to get the right settings for me. So I'll probably dive straight into the prologue to get familiar with the new features and how they work too, then maybe a bit of mutiplayer.

Either way guys, it's coming sooner or later, no worries. :D

Posted on 2 Sep 2013 15:16:14 BDT
James Rigby says:
It didn't come today, bit annoying as it was estimated to. I definatly wont get it by 08:00 BST as I only recieve post at 1pm each day from royal mail. Not recieved DLC either (been over 48 hours since dispatch). Hoping its delivered tomorrow though!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Sep 2013 15:21:22 BDT
S. Brown says:
The DLC code is not in the box, I got my box delivered this morning only the game code on the back of the manual.

It's been 53 hours and counting since my dispatch and no DLC code email as yet I guess something has gone Fubar with their sending them out.

Posted on 2 Sep 2013 15:34:52 BDT
Tyson says:
I haven't received my code or the game yet :(

Posted on 2 Sep 2013 15:36:45 BDT
Antony Ford says:
Guessing we all have been F'd over by amazon , nice to see how much amazon value its customers... , next time i think i will just buy straight of steam .. who knows

Posted on 2 Sep 2013 15:46:03 BDT
Bleu says:
There is still time for the codes to come. So Amazon haven't "F'd" anyone over yet... I'm sure Amazon will deliver the codes eventually even if it's slightly after launch.

I'm feel sorry for those who haven't received their copies of the game yet. As a Prime customer I really recommend it I ordered my game late Friday night - 11:45 pm I think after the cut off for Saturday delivery - and it was delivered first thing by courier.

Posted on 2 Sep 2013 15:47:04 BDT
BECKER miss says:
Same issue here, I have contacted amazon. Hopefully we'll all receive the code before the release.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Sep 2013 16:00:52 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Sep 2013 16:03:57 BDT
J. Nuttall says:
Hopefully indeed yes!

On the DLC page it states "codes will be e-mailed to you within 48 hours of dispatch." It's been at least a full 2 days and a half by now, although in my email response it says a spare will be sent within 2 business days, it's still slightly inconvenient; I think I feel slightly disappointed that there is no new information given publicity on the item's page.

Such as an email error or high demand to answer, or at least calm people's opinions down regrading the status of their items.

Posted on 2 Sep 2013 16:34:55 BDT
Martin says:
Amazon customer services have told me to wait until 8am on 3rd Sept before chasing for the greek states code via email - fingers crossed it'll arrive sometime this evening

Posted on 2 Sep 2013 17:00:41 BDT
Padmiester says:
Terrible service by Amazon! (Still no game or DLC Code...pre ordered back in May!!!)Bought Rome 2 on steam this afternoon, preloaded and all ready to play at 0800 tomorrow morning. Will be returning Rome 2 when it eventually arrives from Amazon, and will never pre order games from them again. Notice they have jacked the price up to 29.99 today. I thought I would save 5 by using Amazon, but the time spent chasing up Amazon customer service, emails etc. cost more than that to me. Lesson learnt...use steam instead directly or Total war or Sega...nobody else!

Posted on 2 Sep 2013 17:08:52 BDT
Antony Hayes says:
Something tells me they haven't got enough codes to go around.... which considering its a code to unlock something on steam anyway is pretty ridiculous when we could of taken our custom straight to valve.

Contacted customer support and they say they acknowledge that its an issue and i should expect a reply within 3 days...

I have received my game now thankfully and am going to wait and see what happens with the code, but if it doesn't turn up by tomorrow i very much doubt i'll ever pre-order from Amazon again.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Sep 2013 17:10:12 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Sep 2013 17:10:40 BDT
Antony Ford says:
Antony Hayes---likewise mate , this is just complete nonsense , i forgiven amazon for not paying tax , i wont forgive them for screwing this up

Posted on 2 Sep 2013 17:26:12 BDT
B. Keeling says:
I have not received the game or the codes yet even though the dispatch email came through 60 hours ago. Amazon said the game would be delivered today as well. Is there a certain date when the codes stop working(e.g do you have to use them before the 6th or something like that)

Posted on 2 Sep 2013 17:30:17 BDT
To be fair, annoying as it is, it's more than likely out of Amazon's hands. If they've not been supplied enough codes, there's little they can do until they resolve it with e.g. Valve/Sega.

But yeah, annoying if it takes a while to sort out - after doing a live chat with a Customer Service representative, I've had a follow-up confirming there is a problem and they are aiming to get it resolved.

"We are currently aware of this issue and are waiting for further information. As soon as we have this information, I will update you accordingly. Please expect a further update within 3 business days. Please be aware that this is the maximum amount of time it will take for us to update you."

Don't know if that means we'll get the codes by then... but at least it's something they're aware of.

Posted on 2 Sep 2013 19:19:40 BDT
P. Teese says:
Message From Customer Service
Hello,

I understand that you have received the game but have not received the Pre-order bonus offer code for my ''Greek States Culture Pack''.Please accept my sincere apologies as this is definitely something we don't want our customers to experience.

We have asked our buying team to look into this issue. Please note that while most issues are resolved within 5 business days, in some cases it may take longer for us to investigate. I will contact you again within 5 business days with an update. Please be aware that this is the maximum amount of time it will take for us to update you.

I would request you to please reply to this email If you have any questions or you need any help and I assure you that I will do my best to help you.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

This is what i got from them...

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Sep 2013 19:31:48 BDT
Antony Hayes says:
5 days!?! This is getting stupid.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Sep 2013 19:39:51 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Sep 2013 20:43:12 BDT
J. Nuttall says:
From the previous comments/emails received in this discussion. I'm sorry to point out, but from what I've seen it's been said:

Possibility later tonight, 24 hours, 2 days, then 3 days, now 5 days (business days).

I don't want to say "I expect to play as the Cities States" on release, as I can understand the trouble businesses can be put through and there can be delays.

Having said that, I placed my order in June and would at least expect the DLC to arrive on release/unlock time. My arrival was estimated for today, but didn't show, hopefully it will tomorrow.

In fairness, at least Amazon.co.uk are more than aware of the "issue" and are doing their best to solve what they can. So kudos to them and all the best in doing so.

Edit: Just checked the Rome Total War 2 Forums, a user called Dicanio contacted Amazon and posted this at 2pm today:

"OK. Looks they they have found the issue and resolved it. Problem was that they had ran out of codes.
I just got mine so hopefully you will all get them very soon. Man that was hard work."

Posted on 2 Sep 2013 20:41:02 BDT
Antony Hayes says:
Well we have one more night of waiting and if it still not here tomorrow i would hope an official announcement would be made explaining the delays. If not looks like we all have alot of frustration ahead...

Frankly this whole situation has put a massive dampener on a game I've been looking forward to for eight years.

Posted on 2 Sep 2013 21:57:00 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Sep 2013 21:59:12 BDT
Here's what I got.

"Thank you for ordering 'Total War Rome II (PC DVD)' from Amazon.co.uk.
I can confirm that you are eligible to receive the pre-order code for the Greek States Culture Pack Bonus.
As your order was shipped on August 31, 2013, you will be receiving your claim code via e-mail within 24 hours.
Please note that claim code emails are sent throughout the day. As emails can take a little time to be delivered by various networks, you may receive the claim code later in the day.
Please ensure that your mail provider and account are not diverting Amazon email to any "Spam" or "Trash" folders. This should ensure mail delivery going forward.
Further instructions on how to redeem this code are available here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000413613
I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Warmest regards,
Sarath KA."

So tomorrow, hopefully!

Posted on 2 Sep 2013 23:47:59 BDT
I can live without the game until tomorrow. Once it's dispatched it's at the mercy of Royal Mail and in a whole other level of problems, but the lack of a code is just ridiculous. I've contacted Amazon customer services who advised to wait until tomorrow and to call back to complain if it had not arrived. Whilst I don't intend on playing as one of the factions in the DLC, I expect to receive what I paid for.

Aside from that, trying to get an official response or stance on the issues with e-mail delays was like pulling teeth. So glad that others have seemingly had more luck with getting information.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Sep 2013 01:42:23 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Sep 2013 01:43:56 BDT
J. Nuttall says:
I couldn't agree with you more D. E. W. Robert.

May I add, it doesn't just add factions, but also a few new units, I think special siege equipment, I'll have to take another look.

Anyways, yes, I expect my DLC code by release unlock, might sound foolish of me and by far maybe even "taking things for granted". But this whole situation could of been handled far better.

Even an email explaining there could be a delay to high demand or other reason, also sent within 48 hours of dispatch I'm sure, would have satisfied many others as at least Amazon.co.uk could admit an "issue" has arisen and would of proven a good customer service, keeping the customer fully informed instead of leaving us in the dark to find out ourselves and question what was happening.

I have mixed feelings; I've had excellent services with Amazon before in the past.

This is my first ever pre-order of a PC game, and I'm sorry to admit but now I feel if I do it again, I might just have to take my services somewhere else due to the lack of communication or at least consider other options until proven otherwise.

Well, 6 hours to find out. Let's hope everyone's code arrives before the release, figures crossed. Staying optimistic!

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 06:04:58 BDT
Rapster says:
So, according to the link Mr. Lee Wallace posted, those of us who pre-ordered the game "...two days or more before a game's release..." *should* receive the DLC code "...on the day of the game's release." I don't think I'll be holding my breath... To be fair to Amazon, Steam have had the problem of a shortage of codes in the past, and currently, as well. There's at least one game on the Steam store that Steam do not yet have enough codes for. I can't find it again at the moment but, I'm sure there are other games with the same problem.

Only one thing worries me; the DLC code for the Greek States is subject to availability... I do hope that if they do have a shortage, they will issue the codes on a first-come, first-served basis.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  109
Total posts:  341
Initial post:  31 Aug 2013
Latest post:  21 Sep 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Total War Rome II (PC DVD)
Total War Rome II (PC DVD) by Sega (Windows 8)
2.9 out of 5 stars   (388)