Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Total War Rome II (PC DVD) forum

Haven't Received the Code?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 276-300 of 341 posts in this discussion
Posted on 6 Sep 2013 15:45:48 BDT
R. Eggers says:
No i still need one, this sucks!!

Posted on 6 Sep 2013 15:49:34 BDT
C. Taylor says:
I'm still waiting too. Received my game today so not going to touch it until i get the DLC code in case i want to refund it.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2013 17:49:13 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Sep 2013 18:53:43 BDT
Maggsbat says:
I'm still waiting - order date was July last year...

Update - have received an email which says:

"I see that you'd like to know that when the code for "Total War Rome II (PC DVD)" would arrive.

Due to a technical issue there has been a delay in sending your pre-order incentive code for the "Greek States Culture Pack" bonus for Total War Rome II.

We're in the process of sending codes out and you should receive your code by September 6, 2013.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Your understanding and cooperation is needed in this regard."

So the info given to me doesn't tally with what they told Bleu about orders before August. You've got to love the last line...

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2013 19:04:01 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Sep 2013 19:04:43 BDT
Bleu says:
@Maggsbat:

I've caught them lying several times but they just kept repeating the 6th of September now they're telling me it will actually be here by midnight tonight but I doubt that. They sent me an email promising me I'd have it by then or rather:

"If it's not waiting for you in your inbox by tomorrow morning let us know."

In a away I'm glad I'm not the only one but I feel sorry for everyone to. Please let me know if and when your code arrives. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2013 19:09:15 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Sep 2013 19:10:39 BDT
Well that just another LIE. my copy was preorder september last year a i didnt recieve a key. i only got mine today after complaing in chat yet again and now im getting email from STEAM quierying the cd key like ive entered a pirate key or something, so i now worried about that.

Posted on 6 Sep 2013 19:09:31 BDT
C. Taylor says:
I can guarantee the code wont be there tonight. My plan from tomorrow onwards is to contact them over and over until i get a real answer or at least the code as others have achieved. Either way i won't be ordering games from amazon anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2013 19:21:07 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Sep 2013 21:58:14 BDT
Bleu says:
Sorry you guys I'm only posting what I'm being told I didn't think there was truth in it but now I know for sure. My advice would be for all those who ordered before August 15th would be to insist your code should have been in your hands by yesterday and see what is said then.

Good luck all! :)

@Rachel:

Forward the Amazon email containing your code to Steam if possible. They should be able to see it came right from Amazon if not they can check with Amazon.

Posted on 6 Sep 2013 21:44:08 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Sep 2013 09:19:45 BDT
John Shears says:
I've just spoken to amazon and was promised that I'd get a code today - lets see

Update - no code. Amazon this is rubbish !

Posted on 6 Sep 2013 22:13:33 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Sep 2013 22:14:48 BDT
Do not wait for the code, go into chat and ask for it. After days of waiting, the chat gave me my code in help chat.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2013 22:20:44 BDT
Joe Oddy says:
Did you have to pester them or keep them talking for ages? Because I talked to someone in chat and they just said that it will come by midnight. Thanks.

Posted on 6 Sep 2013 22:28:54 BDT
turint says:
Spoke to Amazon today, tried to be laid back about it because I expect working support on this issue sucks. Sadly I didn't get the email transcript I checked for though, just an email saying "by the 6th".

I'm hoping this means by midnight tonight, or as those of us in the English speaking world would say, "by the 7th".

Posted on 6 Sep 2013 22:57:51 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Sep 2013 22:58:06 BDT
Bleu says:
I'm speaking to Chat as we speak they tell me after midnight I will have my code. I wish they'd hurry up as my carriage turns back into a pumpkin at midnight.

Now which of these two sentences is more believable? >_<

Posted on 6 Sep 2013 23:04:46 BDT
Mr K says:
Well, surprise surprise. Another 24 hours has passed and still no code. No doubt I will be told it will definitely be here on the 7th. I don't know what's going on but Amazon has lost all credibility. I don't believe a word they tell me anymore.

Isn't this false advertising? I specifically ordered from them because of the DLC pre-order offer.

Posted on 6 Sep 2013 23:15:48 BDT
turint says:
Still 45 mins til midnight bst which their other estimates have been based on. If it really does end up agoing further than midnight tonight, the number of changes to the ETA seems almost hopeless.

I think it's better to say "not for a week" than to promise today, seven times, and be wrong seven times :(

Big Amazon fan here, but beginning to learn a lesson about preorders from Amazon vs Steam.

Posted on 6 Sep 2013 23:19:56 BDT
C. Taylor says:
I got my code just now, activated it to make sure it worked too.

Went onto chat, explained my frustration and they produced the code there and then.

I suggest if you don't get the code with one member of staff, disconnect and chat with another until you do.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2013 23:20:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Sep 2013 23:22:15 BDT
Bleu says:
@ M. Harris

I totally agree with what you said this is the first time I've had a problem that wasn't missing/broken in the post. So far they have shown themselves to be incompetent in this regard.

No offensive intended to the customer service folk but I have written proof of their lies each day brings a new lie it seems and no attempt at redress has been made.

That's good news C Taylor how long we're you in "Chat" for?

Posted on 6 Sep 2013 23:47:16 BDT
Bleu says:
From Amazon:

"I understand and that is why we are requesting you to wait for a couple of hours to get the code otherwise we'll have to contact our technical team for a new code which would then take further 3-5 business days.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused."

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2013 23:48:37 BDT
C. Taylor says:
@ Bleu

Not long. Think it took less than 5 minutes.

Was very straight forward and forthcoming with the code too.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2013 23:53:49 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Sep 2013 23:54:10 BDT
Bleu says:
Thanks for replying C. Taylor I really appreciate it (especially at this time of day). I Just spent 10 - 15 minutes with the Chat people and there isn't a code issued for me yet. :(

Posted on 7 Sep 2013 00:08:32 BDT
Joe Oddy says:
Well I'm in chat with a customer services person now, no code and I will have to wait 48 hours to hear from them about it

Posted on 7 Sep 2013 00:31:27 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 9 Sep 2013 16:19:53 BDT]

Posted on 7 Sep 2013 00:45:54 BDT
Steve Cripps says:
No code for me either yet, but has it happens, ive not really needed it as desperatly as some seem to have as wasn't at a computer for a few days, and only really got to start on the game yesterday (6th).
If I dont get it however after specifically pre-ordering for just that reason..

Posted on 7 Sep 2013 01:00:11 BDT
Bleu says:
Guys go onto chat now they have the codes I just got mine and it works. Still shoddy service no email had to demand it but they finally gave it to me. :)

Posted on 7 Sep 2013 01:28:57 BDT
Zurvion says:
Didn't see the DLC as the main reason to buy the game from amazon, rather considered it as a nice bonus. As most people here, did not receive it on time, but only just have decided to contact the support and they gave me the code straight away. So, same as in the few previous posts, I just recommend having a chat with them. I believe there was a code shortage during the week, but it looks like they've got enough now, so if you want your code now - go chat with them. I suppose they'll be sending them out to e-mails soon as well. Good luck everyone, I'll go check out what the weather in Athens's like ;)

Posted on 7 Sep 2013 09:21:24 BDT
R. Eggers says:
No code for me and now they tell me by the 14th, OMG C'MON MAN!!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  109
Total posts:  341
Initial post:  31 Aug 2013
Latest post:  21 Sep 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about