Customer Discussions > Paul of Dune (Legends of Dune) forum

Have any one-star reviews been deleted here?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Oct 2008 09:25:09 BDT
Ronald Craig says:
On the US Amazon site, the Paul of Dune page owner, whether the publisher or the HLP, is using any excuse to delete one-star reviews while allowing five-star ones by people who may well have not even read the book to remain.

Have any one-star reviews been deleted here?

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Oct 2008 03:44:02 BDT
not that i have noticed. I have been checking often each day since the 'book' came out. Seems to be just over where you are for some reason,

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2008 00:54:15 BDT
Ronald Craig says:
Thanks for the reply.

I've been checking back every few days myself. The book seems to be garnering much less interest (in terms of sales rank, both paperback and hardcover) on the UK site. Maybe they're less concerned about how customers regard it here? (A bit of a slap in the face to UK fans, if you choose to look at it that way.)

(The deletion of unfavorable reviews on the US site seems to be something they learned with Sandworms. Old dogs, new trick...who saw that coming?)

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2008 12:18:26 BDT
hi, i think it is either of 2 things. Either the potential sales (comparing to the States) is just not worth their effort or the regulation for Amazon UK is too strict. if that is the case then that would lead to think that Amazon are being coerced in some way.

Incidentally, i love all your's and Atis reviews. Been reading them closely. Find they are spot on. After reading Sandworms of Dune (which i found the most difficult book to read) i decided to see what reviews came back from POD. I know you advocate reading the book myself to make my own mind up but i decided i would not based on the 'real' reviews posted at Amazon.com.

thanks you, you saved me time & money!

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Oct 2008 07:58:30 BDT
Ronald Craig says:
"One is glad to be of service." :)

These days I only advocate reading them if you are going to actively complain about them.

If you plan to follow the much wiser course of ignoring them and pretending they don't exist...why waste your time?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  14 Oct 2008
Latest post:  20 Oct 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Paul of Dune (Legends of Dune)
Paul of Dune (Legends of Dune) by Brian Herbert (Hardcover - 4 Sept. 2008)
3.3 out of 5 stars   (25)