This is very much in the style of Not Last Night but the Night Before and is a glorious romp through the characters of Mother Goose. It is quite repetitive and is aimed at younger readers - I read it to a class of 2-3 year olds and they enjoyed the refrain of, "have you ever ever ever?" and the boys reply of "no, I've never, never, never" and joined in with great delight. During the book joyful illustrations of Mother Goose characters are interspersed by pictures of a little boy, looking quite bored in a playground and surrounded by rather depressing looking buildings and a sad tree, with a fence around it. Mother Goose exhorts the boy that the characters, and more, live "right behind this door" and leads him to a library, where he discovers all the joys of reading and books. If there are any libraries left, in this age of cutbacks, let us hope that more children get to visit them and learn to love and enjoy books. It is certainly a wonderful thought and a good book to read aloud, vibrant illustrations, lots to talk about, plus a good message. If you like this, you might also enjoy Babies Love Books (Anholt Family Favourites).
on 26 July 2012
my daughter absolutely loves the book. she likes the way the ryhmes sound when you read them and as a mummy i like reading it as i can read it quite quickly! compared to some of the books she chooses for bedtime.lovely pictures and a good quality book all round. i'd happily recommend this to my friends.[[ASIN:1406338354 Have You Ever Ever Ever?
on 10 October 2011
A very repetitive walk through some of the better and lesser known of the Mother Goose rhymes always starting with Have you ever ever ever and then matching rhyming couplets about the character. Ends with a visit to the library to find our more about the characters in books. I found it a bit too long and some of the characters would be unknown to small children, being more obscure, such as Yankee Doodle Dandee. Colourful, with more picture than text.
on 17 January 2016
We recently borrowed this from the library and I came on to see if I could buy our own copy. It has lovely illustrations, and the rhyme is reassuringly repetitive and references characters children know from nursery rhymes/songs etc, just like the other book by the same team "Not Last Night But The Night Before". Shame both seem to be out of print.
on 9 February 2013
The repetition of words is a bit boring for my grandchild who pick up another book before I've finished reading it to them although the illustrations are great. A bit too similar to Not last night but the night befor
on 8 December 2015
My little girl loved it. The rhythm and rhyming makes it an enjoyable read. Great illustrations too, a new favourite!
on 10 July 2013
This book was purchased for our grand daughter and she loves it. she is a two year old and loves books
on 5 August 2014