The new HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition: the best way to record your Xbox 360 or PS3 game play on your PC!
Now with 1080p 'no delay passthrough' and HDMI input and output.
HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition is the latest in Hauppauge's series of HD video game recorders. HD PVR 2 adds some great new features to the HD PVR, which was the world’s first High Definition video recorder for making real-time H.264 compressed recordings (Blu-ray quality) from your Xbox or PS3 game play. HD PVR 2 records HD video gameplay from either HDMI or Component video. To make setup super easy, you can leave your video game console at 1080p and record either HDMI or Component video at up to 1080i.
HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition offers:
Connection diagramHD PVR 2 Gaming Edition connects to your TV set using HDMI and to your laptop or PC over USB.
Upload to YouTube and share your best games with your friends ... in HD!
HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition includes cables and software you need to capture high definition gameplay in realtime. For connection to a Sony PS3, we include a HD Component video cable. For both game consoles, an HDMI cable is supplied to connect HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition to your TV set.
As said on GeekTonic:
"Now I think anyone watching me play videogames is a sure-fire way to put them to sleep – or at least laugh at my videogame performance. But I know there is a very large number of videogamers using the HD PVR to record their video gameplay."
New features for the HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition
The new HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition was specially designed for the dedicated Xbox 360 or PS3 gamer, and makes the installation easy yet still brings the excellent video quality of the original HD PVR. It features HDMI 'no delay passthrough' at up to 1080p with HDMI cables, Component in to HDMI out to support the PS3, plus a record button to start the recording without having to be at your PC! And HD PVR 2 has a new, smaller design to make carrying to your friends home to record their game play super easy.
No delay passthrough, for zero delay recording and gaming.
HD PVR 2's 'no delay' video passthrough gives zero delay on your TV monitor, and makes HD video recordings while you play your games at the same time! When using the 'no delay' video passthrough with a PS3, you will use the supplied Component Video cable from your PS3 into the HD PVR 2, and then you'll use HDMI to connect to your TV set. When using the "no delay" video passthrough with an Xbox360, you'll bring HDMI in from the Xbox and then HDMI out to your TV set (additional HDMI cable required for Xbox 360).
To see our passthrough recording diagram, click the "Connection diagram".
High Performance, High Definition recording!
At long last, a personal video game recorder that offers high quality recordings from your HD gameplay!
At the heart of the HD PVR 2 is a pro quality H.264 high-definition encoder that was originally designed for the broadcast TV industry. Hauppauge's HD PVR 2 is built-in for high-performance, high-quality TV recordings at up to 1080i resolution, 720p or 480p.
The HD PVR 2 records in the AVCHD format, which is the format used to master Blu-ray discs. You have the option of recording at data rates from 1 Mbs to 13.5Mbs, so you can choose the video quality you need.
There are three H.264 formats you can choose when recording a video:
- .TS, which is a generic 'transport stream' compatible with many digital media players
- .M2TS, which is compatible with the Sony Playstation3
- .MP4, which is compatible with the XBox360
MP4 files are used with many video editors, like Sony Vegas, for editing. TS files are also called 'AVCHD' files and are used to burn Blu-ray DVD movies (Blu-ray burner software not included).
HD PVR 2 Product Features
- Uses H.264 encoding in HD to capture your game play in stunning HD.
- Uses HDMI to connect to your TV set from either Xbox 360 or PS3. Setup is a snap!
- Comes with 1x HDMI cable to connect to your TV and a Component Video cable to connect to your PS3.
- With no delay passthrough, so you can play your games while recording.
- With one click you can share your game play with your friends and fans on YouTube.
- High definition H.264 encoder, at datarates from 1 to 13.5 Mbits/sec
- Input: Xbox 360 (unencrypted HDMI)
- Input: PlayStation 3 (Component video)
- Output: HDMI (no delay passthrough)
- Video resolutions: 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i recording, with 1080p60 passthrough
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Dimensions: 6.0 × 6.0 × 1.56 in
- Weight: 5 oz
What’s in the box
- HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition HD recorder
- Installation CD-ROM
- HDMI cable to connect to your TV monitor
- PS3 cable and Component video adapter
- USB cable
- Quick Install guide
- Power supply
Quick install guide
HDMI cable x2
PCMCIA to 5 RCA cable
PS3 Component cable