on 25 February 2013
There are hundreds of "lost" Sherlock Holmes stories, pastiches, files and casebooks. This is one of the better ones. It takes Holmes' character and actually fills it out without treading on Conan Doyle's toes. The writing fits the period, the cases reasonably considered and all together, the novel is good!
on 28 December 2014
I was very, very disappointed with this book. I thought I was buying a volume of Sherlock Holmes stories but there was only one, while this was very good I felt I'd been conned. The other stories were okay but not what I was expecting.

For fans of oddball short stories this book will be of interest but for followers of the adventures of Holmes and Watson I cannot recommend this at all.

Disappointed.
on 20 May 2013
i read and reread this book i liked it and i think it is a very good and exciting book
on 9 May 2016