on 9 April 2007
I loved this book right from the first page to the last - and i would recommend it to anyone, i'm 14 and i first read the book when i was about 9 and i still love it! plus my sister and dad both thought it was great too! and can i just say, Hugh Joss, how sad do you have to be to look through every single page of a million page book and see whether there is some sort of code in the first letter of each word? Get a life!!
on 4 October 2012
Being a soundtrack to the book, it is perfect. I think that everybody must now know what a marvellous series this is and that it will endure for many years to come.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 December 2015
very good condition, good price.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 April 2001
When I read the Prisoner of Askaban, my first thoughts were 'Brill' and 'How is she going to top that one off?', but yet again she has,- with Style. The goblet of fire, had me listening and reading for hours, the suspense was killing me! The book is extremly well written, but if you don't have much time, I advise you to go for the tapes, my Gran did and I stayed at her house for 3 nights listening non-stop! Stephen Fry illustrates each character with their own little voice, bringing them to life, my only critisism is the price- yikes!
on 29 December 2001
It may sound cliched nowadays to say anything nice about Harry Potter, but it's the truth. They are good books, and, as the stories are unabridged, good tapes as well. This marathon reading of JK Rowlings epic Potter fable is a great feat of achievement by Stephen Fry. He does the voices very well, and the story, of course, is very good. Even if you've read it ten times (or more), hearing it read out loud adds another dimension. It might encourage reluctant readers to try reading the story, and it allows dyslexic children to hear the full unabridged story which they may be unable to read. Also good for long car journeys!
on 8 December 2004
When i watched the first harrypotter release(harrypotter and the socerer stone)i felt so excited because it was as interesting as anything to me.My best actor then was ron(Rupert Grint).After that,i began my research on harry potter movie background,there i found out so many things about harry potter(movie).Then i watched the'chamber of secrets and the prisoner of azkaban'.I can say this again and again and again j.k.rowling,patricia cornwell and the rest did perfect.CONGRATULATIONS to them all.They performed wonderfully.It was so devastating.I just can't wait to get to England and have a hand shake with EMMA WATSON,DANIEL RADCLIFFE and RUPERT GRINT.Until then,may GOD guide us all,AMEN.
0Comment0 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse