Style Name: Platinum|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 April 2014
Harris are a solid name in DIY, but it's easy to dismiss these value brushes as likely not that good.

Don't be put off with the synthetic bristles. I was surprised at the paint holding abilities (they hold a good load of paint).
I've used them for emulsion painting, and gloss and they deliver an excellent finish in both cases. Particularly well suited to acrylic paint (I use the Dulux pure white diamond finish paint)

Easy to use, very easy to clean too, little bristle loss (better than some of the natural bristle brushes I have) They last quite some time too I've only bought another set after years of painting with the first one. This set of 5 has most of the sizes you would want for painting jobs (bar a really big brush, in which case I use a roller/paint pad for big areas)

Harris deliver a solid product at a good price, recommended
on 13 May 2013
a good value set of paint brushes, so far I have used them for a multitude of paint/stain/varnish jobs and had no hail loss on either
I cannot fault this brush set from Harris; I have so far used one of the brushes with gloss paint for 12 hours straight and had no issues with bristle loss and the brush itself holds the paint well and allows for accurate application. Fantastic.

In this set you get 5 various sizes which are perfect for my needs: 2 x 1 inch brushes, 2 x 1.5 inch and 1 x 2 inch brush.

The wooden handles are easy to grip and these really are the best set of brushes I have used and unfortunately I have been road testing a lot of brushes lately as we are completely redecorating our house.

These brushes actually take some (not all) of the pain out of painting, which is high praise indeed. Very highly recommended.
review image review image
on 10 November 2013
These brushes are very good quality and do the job perfectly. The bristles are good and stay in, no stray hairs come out while doing job. I used them for varnishing. Very high quality, a good buy.
on 8 April 2012
Bought a pack of these brushes about 2 years ago as I was mulling round a DIY store and had the opportunity/need to use them the beginning of this year because the wife wanted me to redecorate the house.
Brilliant finish on a good gloss paint. The long bristles means you can create a soft touch, fine, almost mirror finish. The paint stays at the base of the bristles and doesn't run up into the metal frame like some brushes.
When cleaned, the bristles are like new again.
I found them to be that good that I scoured the internet and bought another 3 packs. In fact they are that cheap that you could throw them away if you were so inclined. Well worth the money.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 August 2014
I was quite surprised at seeing a set of Harris brushes as cheap as they are on Amazon over the years I have had several brushes made by them and they last longer (lots longer as I still have a couple that I have used many times) they do not shed their bristles as easy as some brushes do aslong as you treat them well you should get many years use out of them (like cleaning them straight away after finishing with the appropriate cleaner and then drying them out on a couple of lengths of kitchen towel. theese are man made bristles and seemed just as good as animal bristles for picking up and spreading the paint when I came to use them.
they are cheaper Here on Amazon than the crappy one use brushes that your local DIY store is charging for the ones that shed from first use and are hard work picking up and spreading the paint, granted you may find cheaper at the local pound shop but you won't find better there, only bad brushes there. ;-)
on 26 December 2012
We have tried lots of brushes from cheap to expensive, but these fit the bill . We are painters and decorators by trade and use these on a daily bases and will buy agin
on 26 August 2011
I purchesed these brushes to complete two jobs; undercoating then glossing two children's bedrooms. They offered very good value for money and achieved a very good finish. My father is a painter and decorator and confirmed that they would indeed be good for the jobs I intended to use them for but wouldn't withstand the rigors or regular, everyday usuage.

I would recommened them to be used for smaller, one-off type jobs as I did. If this is what you intend to do then these are the brushes for you.
on 27 May 2013
I cannot praise these brushes highly enough. They do a great job on painting or varnishing leaving a silky gloss finish. Not only that they are cheap enough to throw away after use. However, since retiring, I now clean the brushes after each time they are used. They are like new and ready for the next time they are needed. I especially like them for varnishing wooden windows - best finish ever. They are miles better than a lot of far more expensive brushes. Buy them and see the difference - you will not be disappointed.
on 12 February 2016
LG Harris 13190 Platinum Brush Set (Pack of 5)

An excellent kit - these are excellent quality paint brushes and at an amazing price.

The varnished wooden handles are excellent and simple to hold, the brushes heads are made from synthetic bristles and I found that very few bristles dropped out in use.

The finish using these brushes (both emulsion and gloss paint) is excellent, and for the price, they are great value.