This book has all the ingredients that I love in a good romance novel:
1. A hero who is a strong, fierce, macho warrior..... however one that is clueless about love and emotion.
2. A heroine who is strong, independent, and not afraid to push her hero's buttons.
3. A strong family with strong ties to one another.
4. A book that gives the hero/heroine significant time in the book alone with one another!
5. A book that has a some intrigue, suspense, humor, and sadness.
6. A book with scorching sensuality.
7. A hero who '"falls hard" for his lady and reforms.
8. A satisfying ending.
I know this is pretty much the formula for all romance novels, but SERIOUSLY Deborah Simmons does this formula flawlessly. I liken this book to some of my favorite Garwood novels, but it is truly one on to it's own.
This is book 1 of the de Burgh family series...and it is staying on my keeper shelf for good. I may even reread it now (which is very unlike me!) It has it all!