Customer Discussions > Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) forum

Hardcore Gamer?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Oct 2008 19:27:46 BDT
Con Lafferty says:
I am beginning to wonder what people now class as a 'Hardcore Gamer'. I read an article in Edge magazine of someone who claims the hardcore gamers are the people into the violently inclined games. I personally consoder myself a hardcore gamer because I can appreciate all sorts of games from Zelda to Half Life. Viva Pinatat to GTA IV. I appreciate how games are art and can appreciate uniqueness and can stand in awe over great level design or a great puzzle over graphics. I would love to know that there is some people who still have the same mentallity as me that can actually appreciate games in the same way. Also does anyone feel that since xbox live that gameing is more unsociable. I used to enjoy actually going round to my mates and playing multiplayer games than sitting on my own speaking to a voice over a headset.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2008 19:20:21 GMT
B. shelley says:
i think hardcore gamer is someone who plays games a lot or who apreceiates every little thing about the game and just enjoys playing games
as for wireless play it hink its great but its not the same atmesphere as actuall y being there

Posted on 27 May 2009 21:44:03 BDT
Lafferty - i hate the term "hardcore" - from your comments you are what i prefer to call a mature gamer. The biggest mistake people make is they think that 'adult' or 'hardcore' games are dark,violent with swearing . Quite the opposite.
If there was more people who thought like you maybe our hobby would be taken a little more seriously
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  16 Oct 2008
Latest post:  27 May 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (279)