on 12 June 2014
I have int the past purchased many different weights - plastic , olympic etc. A few years ago i gave up weightlifting/bodybuilding and sold my olympic set etc. I recently decided to start weight lifting again and chose these weights due to the low price and the fact i didn't want a barbell.

If you don't have the money to splurge on a cast iron / expensive weight set then this dumbbell set may well work out for you. Bear in mind i purchased 2 of them as you are only buying a single dumbbell, that should be pretty obvious at this price.
Anyway the discs as you can see are plastic and seem very well made for plastic discs. What really amazed me was at this price range you get a solid dumbbell bar with solid locking nuts ( i have in the past received hollow cheap bars with useless plastic locking collars ) also relevant is the fact that the bars are actually around 21 inches long so you can easily fit the large plastic discs on.

Yes the delivery cost adds a little to the price but for around £56 you get 60kg of dumbbells and weights.

Just as small note, when my order arrived from SDE online ( the seller of this product ) the package had split and one dumbbell bars was missing and one plastic weight was badly dented. I had recorded with the courier that the package was unchecked and damaged. SDE asked for a photo of the damaged weight and promptly ( i believe it only took 2 days ) replaced the missing dumbbell bar and weight.

Exceptional service, i wouldn't hesitate to use this company again.

Hope this review helps.
on 25 October 2015
Having not done any weight training for arond 7/8 yrs I was on the lookout for some dumbells which didn't cost the earth. Id also forgot exactly how much 30kg was in terms of weight & size. For the price you pay and in comparison to other sets of 2 dumbells on Amazon you get great value for the money. Remember this is 1 dumbell so need to order 2 if u want a set. You can fit 4 x 5kg on each side of the bar which is handy. The item comes with several plates of different sizes and as I ordered 2 I have a great little selection which will do me nicely. I watched the 2 delivery guys struggle getting the boxes out the van and up 3 flights of stairs they were so heavy lol, and was asked "what is in this parcel". There as you will see reviews around the spinlocks coming loose abd I would say yes this is a very slight issue, in my experience most spinlocks tend to loosen a little but I myself dont really find it a big issue, for all it takes to tighten them again, they dont come loose to the degree its a safety issue or affect the exercise ur doing. At around £55 all in for a set of 2 I think its good value. The weights themselves are a concrete type of filling in a tough plastic outer, bars are metal and would be handy to get yourself a set of weight cloves for comfort. Delivery was quick in around 3/4 days and were packaged up well.
on 13 October 2014
Its Ok

But the biggest flaw is that the Spin-lock Collars comes lose every-time I do bicep curls.
on 2 March 2015
I ordered two of these to make a set for my son's birthday, they arrived very quickly and were well packed. I had read a few reviews on the dumbbells, one of the comments was that the collar works loose, my son says that with the rubber washer that comes with the collars is used and you make sure the collars are tightened suitably the collars do not work loose. A very good product that I would recommend.
on 28 June 2015
I picked up two of these recently and I was surprised when they arrived almost a week earlier than estimated. Unfortunately at the time I had a sprained ankle and wrist so the irony was quite strong. They've very well made, very sturdy however the locking nut thing comes loose with bicep curls. I have yet to find a solution to this however I assume it will probably be duct tape.
on 3 July 2014
the weights were covered in grease or some kind of oil but the weights seem to be of good quality i didnt realise until hey came that there was only one dumbbell bar so i have to but a new set of bars also the bar that came was bigger than normal but overall i a pretty pleased
on 29 November 2015
For the money you pay it's definitely worth it. One of the parts that you screw on wouldn't go on so I've had to screw that on back to front, but it works grand. Other than that it's a good product.
on 3 March 2016
Plates are a lot bigger than they look in the picture making it impossible to use this for curls, rubbish design.

Look elsewhere if you want a quality dumbbell!
on 13 May 2014
I was told this'd arrive by thursday but was pleasantly surprised when it arrived today instead good item made of plastic outer shelling but it seems sturdy enough.
on 29 March 2016
All good except weights don't stay on the bar properly and always slip in use.