Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Grid 2 (PC CD) forum

Hard to believe

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 May 2013 10:01:52 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 May 2013 17:00:49 BDT
Pete V says:
Hard to believe, but I've been told by Codemasters, there will be NO in car/drivers seat view for this!
Unbelievable! How can this be; it's a bl**y driving game!!!

Would you buy a flying sim/game that didn't work with a joystick? No, of course not.

You've dropped the ball with this one Codemasters, and lost a sale as I shan't be buying it.

Posted on 27 May 2013 11:07:39 BDT
Their reasoning is the current generation consoles. And they also mentioned 5% (from what platform, I don't know) only use cockpit view.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 May 2013 11:19:46 BDT
Pete V says:
Beats me. I've got 20+ racing sims/games, and there isn't one of them that I've ever used anything other than the drivers cockpit view!
Yes, I've looked at the other views; but I've not used the other views for an entire lap or more.

I could understand a child, who hasn't actually driven a REAL car, may prefer an alternative, but i find it VERY hard to believe that the average adult driver would want to race in anything other than the drivers view.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't believe so. Everyone I know (who use PCs rather than consoles) thinks as I do.

Posted on 28 May 2013 13:47:33 BDT
DJ says:
Early comments coming in from the US seem to say that the way the game is designed to be played, the lack of cockpit cam is no loss, which I take as a positive given so many are disgruntled by this omission... here's hoping...

In reply to an earlier post on 28 May 2013 14:37:15 BDT
Pete V says:
I can't see myself buying it. Shame, as I've looked forward to the launch for so long and so much.
I loved the original Grid (PC)
I need to feel I'm in the car to drive it properly. The only thing I lack then is the G force.
I get all the other sensory feedback I need to drive fast and well.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jun 2013 22:06:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jun 2013 22:29:18 BDT
P. Maurice says:
Yeah, Gamer's begged for cockpit views for Forza 3 - came.
None complained against it for Grid 2 - removed. It's like Forza morphing to arcade once you consider Grids origins.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Grid 2 (PC CD) forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  24 May 2013
Latest post:  1 Jun 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grid 2 (PC CD)
Grid 2 (PC CD) by Codemasters Limited (Windows 2000 / 7 / 98)
3.4 out of 5 stars (53)