Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 April 2014
Would be useful if the sizes of the patterns were shown somewhere. I didn't see them and wouldn't have bought this as the largest size is at present too small for me. That said it is a lovely book with some interesting ideas
on 16 June 2016
A set of simple, chic designs that are all somewhat timeless and very wearable. They are all within my intermediate skils and I'm thinking that the final effect/polish will rely on the perfect choice of material and finishing touches. The largest size is UK 16 so I'll have to be careful with checking measurements and possibly enlarging some patterns but they are very straightforward designs and I cannot see any difficulty.
on 2 March 2015
Really love this. Made two pairs of sarouel trousers already.
on 9 April 2014
I'm fairly new to sewing and have made the shorts, two of the tunics and a shirt from the book - most just take an 2-3 hours to complete. The patterns are easy to follow, especially for beginners, as they aren't tailored.

I'm surprised to read that many think the patterns are too floaty or too small and not made for
Western women. I'm a very tall size 10 and have no issues in length and width. I even find the
bust measurements very generous!

I'm not a plus size but not sure why some people think that when you are a bigger size, you have to wear skin tight clothes... If you think something is too floaty, just go a size down (I have made a size 8 of many of the projects and they fit perfectly, without being snug).
on 25 January 2015
Love these books, great projects and beautiful to look at.
on 25 November 2015
This is my second book by Yoshiko Tsukiori. I like the books and there are several patterns from it that I plan to make, however many of the styles seem to be extremely similar to styles in 'Stylish Dress Book.'
on 17 March 2015
Designs are great but not traced off yet. Looking forward to having prepared some layout so as to use minimal fabric. Pattern layouts show a lot of space! A lot of difficulty deciding which to make first😋
on 13 July 2014
making the patterns was a headache but they are beautiful pictures havent made anything yet. wouldnt buy another of her books though simply for the issue of the pattern making
on 19 July 2015
Very nice designs and ideas. These books are like Burda magazine. Simply copy out the pattern from sheets.
on 27 April 2016
this is so stylish and has really clear instructions which is not always the case in books of this type.