Format: DVD|Change

on 16 April 2010
America...land of the free and more females than anywhere else in the world if Happy Days is anything to go by!I can't help thinking that if we had the equivalent of Arnolds over here in the UK,the place would be packed with blokes looking for women and virtually no women!Maybe UK females are staying in learning to knit...anyway,I digress.Happy Days was a terrific sitcom aired from the mid 70's to early 80's depicting life in 50's Milwaulkee.The girls were mainly cute and the guys wore cardigans...unless you were Arthur Fonzarelli,in which case a leather jacket and drainpipe jeans were the order of the day.Needless to say,Fonzie was the cool one with the girls falling at his feet but the others (Ritchie,Ralph and Potsie)didn't do so bad either.This is fun stuff,with great acting and sharp scripts plus excellent period detail.Like most successful sitcoms,it did outstay its welcome,but this 2nd season finds Happy Days at its best.Smiles guaranteed!
on 25 January 2012
A wonderful throwback to childhood for anyone over the age of 40!

DVD production is pretty good and watching the series again after all these years I find myself not only enjoying the Fonz but sympathising with the long-suffering Mr C and his delightfully dappy wife which adds a whole new dimension to the programme for me.

I'd recommend buying a box set of the whole series if you remember Happy Days with fond memories as once you start to watch them you'll find yourself going 'Oh ... just one more then I'll put the 'Hoops on .... '
on 6 April 2014
Just as wonderful now as it was originally all these years ago. Children who weren't born when the original was shown love it as much as their parents and grandparents did then.
on 19 June 2014
I'm working my way through the series. How dated the first two look now (I know it's supposed to be dated). Expect the next series to get better.
on 3 July 2008
Fonzie, Richie Cunningham 'Happy Days' based on George Lucas's 'American Graffiti' without the 'Green Onions'. The 1970's when life was a little more innocent. Many great 50's rock 'n' roll tunes, sit back and reminisce. Wasted on today's special effects junkies. We had it all! 'Happy Days' give the kids their play station, you know! 'Hey cool!' The DVD has great picture quality, today's technology is something we didn't have...
on 9 November 2013
Oh happy days indeed, such memories. Well worth the few pounds it cost me. Totally recomended with hours of fun thrown in.
on 11 January 2014
Ideal for a 20 minute boost! Really helps life the spirit and put a smile on your face, know what I mean!
on 2 August 2014
as the fonz,podsy,richard,joneyhave fun in the 50s at als the burger joint ,fonz with his chicks and ralph with his mouth ,graet fun to watch,recommend
on 22 April 2016
Bought for a present for my partner. Can't wait to watch it and be reminded of my favourite childhood programme...
'Happy Days' 👍
on 3 January 2016
As this was bought as a stocking-filler for a friend I can't personally vouch for it but the recipient was very happy.